The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel problems in another 8g

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Fuel problems in another 8g

Okay so after a long build I finally buttoned up enough to try to start my car but now I have no fuel going to the motor. I have swapped relays and installed a new 255 pump and tested the pump before it went in. But now can't tell if there's no power going over. Or if pump is ng. Haynes doesn't show which wires on plug to test for power or which terminals to put power on in order to check my fp. Also should note it is a 5 wire plug

No one has any thoughts?

I should also note that I moved my car a couple of months ago, before moving it I also tried to check the system for leaks and had one at a injector o-ring. So I know that it was working nothing was removed unplugged or changed since then till now.

if you turn your key to the on position you should hear the 255 prime the system...
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Yeah I know what it should do. But I have the lines unhooked I get no prime nor does it pump while cranking. Just lost as to why swapped relays and no change would like to test from male side of pump plug. Also need to back track why it is not turning on at all.

Now while I'm thinking about it I'm running 01 auto ecu. Since I'm planning on going over to eclipse manual ecu with harness I am already using the evo reluctor when I last got the system to prime I had a sonata reluctor. Not sure if it truly matters I would think it shouldn't

you got the car to run with the sonata reluctor?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

not to run. I was testing a few things got it to prime that was how i found I had a leak at an isolator bushing on intake manifold. never had tried to start it till recent. At that point I was waiting on parts to arrive like my new reluctor. I was looking to see if everything was working I had not jumped out my p.n.p. switch so did that turned the key to the on position and it primed.
    Now with the evo reluctor it won't prime at all just need to know where to jump out on the plug to power the pump and to check for power from the ecu or key.

any thoughts?????

Never mind guys I fixed it. So in the under hood fuse box there is a 20 amp fuse slot number 13 the cover just shows an engine and I started looking at all the fuses and found that replaced it and she's alive for the first time in 2 years it turned over and ran.

our cars dont prime the fuel pump when you turn the key in acc, the pump turns on when you start the car

Glad u fixed it, I know peeps hate it when we say it but check the basic things first and work way up after double checking every thing that proceeded. Good job finding your problem, and on the cheap!

congratz
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Well that was the problem if you look at the under hood fuse box it doesn't say fuel pump or show a gas pump or anything it shows a motor. And I started by moving all 3 relays do a different spot to check them. No power to the fuel pump, and no idea where the other fuses where. That's why I wanted to know what wire should have been hot while cranking in order to find out but never got an answer. But it's all good now and fuse 13 in under hood fuse box its a 20amp mini runs the fuel pump .

Even if someone was able to say, Test the relay terminal for power on blank pin.

But thanks guys not bashing anyone.