Thread: 03 galant convert into an 01 look

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 219
    If i only had the money i would have this bad boy over here in a heartbeat
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/13...URBO_4G63.html

Quote Originally Posted by gallant View Post
    If i only had the money i would have this bad boy over here in a heartbeat
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/13...URBO_4G63.html
    Wouldn't the transmission be on the opposite side compared to where it is at now?
    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4201893674.html

Quote Originally Posted by gojirars View Post
    Wouldn't the transmission be on the opposite side compared to where it is at now?
    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4201893674.html
    O.o your right
    the link i put the trans was on wrong side. i need to start saving up AFTER i get some jdm parts :D

Collecting turbo parts

Came in the mail
    Last edited by gallant; 01-09-2014 at 04:35 PM

First time making real modifications under the hood. I a little scared but im just glad i have the support from experienced people

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

My last photo shoot with the 18" racing heart rims
    My baby is sweating lol

I might need a camber kit. New shoes. Pictures soon

ayee man! didnt you purchase the jdm front from someone here on TGC? any update on that??
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Life comes at you fast
    Curbs are dangerous
    Still need a camber kit or centric

Those tires are too tall, need to be 225/40/18
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

yo thought i post up here and say, im coming back BABY.... ill keep you posted
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Those tires are too tall, need to be 225/40/18
    Wheel well is still dirty. No indications of rub.
    Front
    rear

Nice. Make a build thread so i can follow your progress Joe

Taller tires throw your speedo off and slows acceleration down by shortening your drive ratio. Your engine works harder, albeit slightly in this case, to give you the same amount of acceleration with taller tires vs the ones the car is designed for. Also, to put it simply, the vss is set that with x many rpms, the tires are spinning y many times based on their circumference, and if you have taller tires, you have a bigger circumference, throwing the value of y off. If you're not rubbing it's probably not a huge deal, but I'd still be leery of running the wrong size, too low or too tall.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Taller tires throw your speedo off and slows acceleration down by shortening your drive ratio. Your engine works harder, albeit slightly in this case, to give you the same amount of acceleration with taller tires vs the ones the car is designed for. Also, to put it simply, the vss is set that with x many rpms, the tires are spinning y many times based on their circumference, and if you have taller tires, you have a bigger circumference, throwing the value of y off. If you're not rubbing it's probably not a huge deal, but I'd still be leery of running the wrong size, too low or too tall.
    Thanks bro for explaining it to me. It makes total sense. In the process to get them swapped. Iv been jumping over a lot of hoops lately.
    Timing belt has hit its limit. It didn't snap but scared enough to get a compression test to see if any damage has been done internally.

Iv also been keeping myself busy working with fiberglass for the first time. Fog lights are now projector lights. I first had them rapped but it didn't look good so i painted them black.

The quality of the work, especially the retrofit's output, is top notch. However, stay on top of how sealed the projectors are; they were never meant to be mounted on the outside. Good job going with projectors though, oncoming traffic will thank you for not blinding them lol.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

That timing belt, scary. Glad nothing bad happened.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    The quality of the work, especially the retrofit's output, is top notch. However, stay on top of how sealed the projectors are; they were never meant to be mounted on the outside. Good job going with projectors though, oncoming traffic will thank you for not blinding them lol.
    Thanks for the compliment. Not bad for my first time. Water getting in it was the first thing that came to mind. Hit a speed bump and it will blind a blind person lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    That timing belt, scary. Glad nothing bad happened.
    I was lucky it didn't snap on me. It would give me an excuse to garage it and get it on the track

Ok so im coming to this page to update the status of my G

My first car meet this big is on July 19th called All Florida Beach Meet in Tampa, FL. Bringing caravans from Ohio. Now im scrambling to get my car back together.

These are the things that i need to finish: Replace headliner, Replace driver side axle, Paint and install the drip molding, Fix or replace the rims (bought with flat spot), Re carpet and clean up the trunk, Redo the eyebrows, Clay bar and wax my baby, Speakers installed, Buy new carpet (black), Glue and rap the dried up dashboard that has cracks, Get a small lip for the front, Make my Gallant into a boosted automatic, Vinyl the roof black, JDM the back bumper, Modify the grill with some fiberglass, and the concept to my vision for my car is a "Fast VIP" type car. Sleeper...
    Im not giving up on my baby especially after a timing belt purchase :)

And if your interested about getting a modified flip out key-fob, go to this thread https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...g-key-question

You have a big to-do list, better get started. Mines almost ready for the meet. Just gotta wet sand some 8Gb headlights then install them.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Coming along good, I'm trying to hurry as well. Piecing together what I can for the meet. Any planned stops along the way? I'll be leaving from Orlando anyway

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast