The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build thread #550/2000 (Samara)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 259
    Changed my own oil today on the VR4 since the new setup and tune, I'm pretty proud of myself =)

91 Galant VR4 -Samara- #550/2000

Long time since an update, car has been running great but started leaking at the water pipe due to it being old and corroded so I Got some brand new oem ones. I would like to replace it before our trip to the shootout and have Mike at FIST weld on the an fittings on it again. Went ahead and got a second one for the 91 GSX as well, these are kinda hard to come by.

Finally uploaded my little tunnel run in the VR4 on YouTube. This was very fun. http://youtu.be/Fm4yTTNsxzs

That sounds awesome

Thanks brotha!

My Walboro 450 with install kit came in over the weekend for the VR4! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Armycoug View Post
    That sounds awesome
    no kidding my eyes went to wide open after like the first second lol

Got the Walboro 450 installed with the re-wire kit, also had the water pipe replaced with a brand new oem one and had the -an fittings welded on. The old one was starting to leak because of how old and corrode it was, then got a brand new Spal fan, since the old one finally gave out. Now I just gotta wait till I get paid again so I can take her back to D3 to get retuned on pump gas for the trip.

Dirty, but how she currently looks as of 7/18/2014

Experienced TGC Member
    Pure sexiness!!

I having trouble hiding my erection!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Big thanks to Ed Dobryzn (Bluefalcon) for selling me one of the old rare carbon fiber gauge pod's that mount to the factory driver side speaker panel on the dash for Galant VR4's!

High quality CF piece there!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

So the VR4 made 424awhp and 363 tq on 93 pump gas today with 22 pounds of boost and a conservative tune that has plenty left, but I only got back on pump gas so I can make the 23+ hour drive to the Dsm Shootout. My boost creep issue is gone too. Turning up the boost fixed that. After I get back from the shootout I'll throw more stuff at her and go for my target power level of 700awhp.

Anyways, BIG thanks to Chris Delgado of D3 Performance Engineering for the amazing tuning he does, and Mike at FIST Racing for doing all the work to the car, and Rob Patterson for building the motor.

She is the quickest she's ever been and I love it. I'm a very happy camper right now. =)

http://youtu.be/iW94wqVSunA

Good stuff man! Can't wait to see what she makes when you get back home and off that pump gas!

Also surprised you didn't post the dyno vid in the texas dsm facebook page.
    I'm used to seeing the updates to her multiple times ;D
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Great numbers Mike! This car is a beast, I love it!

-Greg

I love these vr4s. Soo sexy!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Thanks guys!

Samara getting some new tires for the big 22+ hour trip to the Shootout in Ohio this weekend. Can't wait for that drive.

Here's the route I'll most likely be taking again.

That's a ride! Never been on a trip driving a car that long! Be safe, have fun!

-Greg

Kinda late posting this because I've been soo busy since we got back but the We made it back sucessfully without any problems, had a blast! I wouid like to take this time to thank Mike Collins at FIST Racing, Tim Oawster, and Robert Patterson for putting together such a rock solid car that drives thousands of miles across the country to DSM Shootouts and most surrounding events, and that has been running this entire time. And a BIG thanks to Chris Degado of D3 Performance Engineering for the amazing pump gas tune that netted me 30 miles to the gallon for the 23+ hour drive to the shootout this year.

And another big thanks to my wonderful Girlfriend Trang for helping me throughout all this with helping me setting up all the GVR4 stuff at the shootout.

And thanks to all my fellow GVR4 brothas with the patience and time it took setting up all the shots that weekend.

And thanks to Marybeth Kiczenski for her amazing photographer skills and her time to take these shots of our beloved Galant VR4's.

And thanks to Derek Klein for bringing up some 1g tan leather seats for me to the shootout.

And thanks to David Geiger at Kozmic for carrying them back for me in their trailer.

And last but not least, thank you David Buschur for putting a Galant VR4 on this years shootout Tshirt and for yet another amazing shootout.

Well I drove for 16 hours straight then met up with Dan with number 29/1000 in Tennessee then we drove the last 8 hours to the shootout together.

Then when we got in town over there we went to the car wash to clean the VR4 up from the drive and what do ya know, Tom from Tom's Turbo Garage pulls up then Brad Anderson with number 1459/2000 pulls up too lol yeah just another day at the car wash at the shootout haha

Great shot of me and my girl =)

And a high view point

And here are all the good pics.

The drivers! Haha

And a cool wide angle shot

And I had to get an updated pic of my car in front of Buschur Racing of course

Thanks for looking! Can't wait till next year!

I just watched Tom's Turbo episode on YouTube of the shootout and thought I noticed your car a couple times. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice to see a bunch of vr4 6gs!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast