The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 20 inch Rims

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

20 inch Rims

I had a used set of 20 inch rims from a dodge challenger installed with 255/30 tires at the back and 245/35 tires in the front. Since there was rubbing at the rear when car hit bumps I replaced rear struts and lifted the car by 2 inches (rear only). My steering vibrates at low and high speeds. Will a wheel balancing solve this? What else could it be?

Balancing your tires is a cheap way to start. the only other thing I could think of is bad tires separation or cupping from bad struts. It wouldn't hurt to check the suspension on the front end but I don't think that's it.

Sent from my galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

pics. i gotta see this.

oh its a 9g that makes more sense...

People still upgrade to 20's? In my opinion 20's are way to big and 18 is the nice size for a car unless you don't lower then go 19".

But yes to answer your question a wheel balance would fix this. But it could also be your suspension cause most likely I know with my 9g that it dips in the front more than than the back so your are raising the back even higher so it could just be a balancing issue but please post pictures. I am very curious on how this looks.
    Is it ricey?

20 inch Rims

Actually looks alright. I'm running a 18x8 in the front and a 20x10.5 for rears. Came off my cobra think they look nice on the galant. Just needs a drop
    Last edited by Neil_Down__; 10-10-2014 at 08:36 AM

all it needs are fender flares at the back, or a wide body kit.

It might be anything that rotates. Tires, Wheels, or axles. Have a shop spin them and check if they're straight. Contrary to popular belief, Balancing should be one of the last thing you should look if you're talking about significant steering vibrations.