The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1389
    Waiting for a turbo. was going to a 5554 but a buddy can get a killer deal on a 5858 so thats what were getting! haha. Just gotta take care of a few bills and I should be able to purchase the turbo and get her back to running.

Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Yay!!!!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I ordered a Precision 5858 TWO WEEKS ago. And I still dont have it. I'm getting impatient.

Butttt, that doesnt mean I am just sitting around.

I honestly couldnt live in the car the way it was, so I put the plastics back on, the lower dash, and re arranged the gauges back to where they were before the accident. I also bedlined the floor pan and wrapped the door panels. I finished the fronts tonight, and I am going to finish the rears tomorrow. I still need a headliner and rear decklid (wifey threw them away because we were set on having it gutted). Going to wrap those as well. BTW, does anyone know where I can get those uber cool chrome JDM door handles?? haha

So that what I have been up to. As soon as Precision gets me my turbo she should be back up and running.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Painted the door handles black?? Get yourself a set of black eclipse ones so u don't have to deal with chipping paint etc. In case u don't find a chrome jdm set to use.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Someone on here is selling a full set of the black (handles and cups).

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Nice work Jigz my dude!

Those look awesome man...makes me want to re-do mine!
    And yes, we need the Chrome handles ASAP

Panels came out nice

A couple of pics from today. Got the 5858 installed over the weekend. Running awesome. But 13ish AFR in boost so definitely needs to see the dyno again. Everything else is awesome 14.7 at cruise and 15.0 at idle.

BTW 5psi feels awesome I can only imagine how she moves at 20-25 psi.

Looks good dude! Yeah, I had that same thought this past weekend at 12 psi, I was like Do I really want to up it more? lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

The answer is YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Looks good dude! Yeah, I had that same thought this past weekend at 12 psi, I was like Do I really want to up it more? lol
    Thanks my dude! I am excited to turn it up. I hit 5psi at a QUARTER THROTTLE and "That bitch was moving kid" (thats a Street outlaws line from chief). I am very excited.

Wow awesome car. Love the wrinkle paint red on blue bay.

Did u scrape the padding out off the door panels and then painted??

Good stuff. Learning alot from all u guys build.

Hey Jigz, great job on reviving and improving an already great galant! love the new look! could you possibly share where you purchased your JDM side skirts, rear bumper and extensions? I've spent almost a year and still have had no luck finding the new style side skirts. Hook a fellow Pinoy up hahah

yeahhhhhhhh BUDDY! haha that 5858 is gonna be no joke. In before taking the bends on the highway and hitting boost like "wth? I didnt even move my foot"
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Do yourself a favor, get a tune and just enjoy it for awhile =)

I'm over here running 6lbs, happy as hell all year haha. Next year different story, but for the time being I had a great year and have just been enjoying life in the G.

I love it Jigz, so happy you brought it back. It really looks awesome. Looks like you did a great job with the wire tuck! (I could use some tips).

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Gah, it's looking good as fuck right now!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You guys are the best!!

She's in her best form to me ATM. I am so in love with her. 5:00 never comes soon enough so I can head home and drive her around. I dont even have to drive her fast as long as Im driving her Im pretty content.

But dont count her out shes going to be a monster.

Quick update. Added a couple things. I drove her to work yesterday and she did pretty good, stood in traffic for atleast 10 mins as well and the temps stayed around 210 with the fan on. around 200 driving around. Half radiator with a 12" fan, you cant really ask for more. So I bought a SPAL 14" and installed it about a half hour ago. Im in a townhome so starting her up to drive her around really isnt too neighborly of me at 10:00 so I will see if it helps tomorrow. Will get pictures then too.

I also made a cosmetic change. I've had my tinted 3rd gens for quite sometime now and I've grown quite tired of them. Doesnt help that the mounting bolts broke off too. I found a set of 2nd gens from a dude in Vegas on the Galant group on FB so I scooped them up. I gotta say, I dont know why I didnt go with these from the beginning, I love the way they look. Though I would probably have a different opinion if she was still silver.

I also made her a little intake. Driving around with an open turbo frightened me, I cant believe I even drove her to work without an intake yesterday. But none the less, A piece of 4" 45 degree aluminum tube, a 4" coupler, and a 4" K&N cone and VOILA! Bad picture of the intake itself, but its a great time to show off the motor and engine bay. Haha

And chillin in the garage. I love opening the garage door when I come home from work.

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast