The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cheeseburger Cheeseburger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 66 of 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    Maybe if he were more involved socially...
    What are you talking about?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

You never come to any of our get togethers!

Which ones?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Its been a long time since I updated this thread. Lets start off at July 2014:

First Dyno ever....

250whp and 260wtq

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y-KtjBxeI4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B0NiCWatYKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kOpsy4fcbmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On top of the 3.8L 6G75, mods include: Ripp headers, Invida cat-back, as well as ported (by Justin @ Silvertune Performance) 75 n/m upper intake/ 74 lower intake/ 74 TB (rebuilt).

Although this didn't break the N/A records, its a great goal for those that are looking into doing this swap.

These were my numbers with stock un-ported heads and stock shafts. Tuning done by Silvertune.

Moving onto September 2014:

This was a couple months after ported heads install and Stage 2 RPW SC cams with a Tune.

On the morning of the day I was going down to Factory MOD I had another Dyno pull session scheduled. Late Model Throttle in WI, for a few pulls in to see where I stood with the extra modifications that was made AFTER my previous pulls. Well here it is: 262whp and 249wtq

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DG3vHlF1dHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G1hQbT4C-Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n_VJKIK9L-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On top of the 3.8L 6G75, mods include: Ripp headers, Invida cat-back, as well as ported (by Justin @ Silvertune Performance) 75 n/m upper intake/ 74 lower intake/ 74 TB (rebuilt). New mods include: Port/polised heads (by Justin @ Silvertune Performance), upgraded springs, and RPW Stage 2 Supercharger Cams.

This Dyno run made my heart sink. Even though my WHP increased, to see the WTQ drop by 11 makes these cams unacceptable. Trial and error guys, although we confirmed that the NA cams are not working with these motors, we can now confirm that the SC cams aren't either. I, along with many others, have lost faith in the RPW cams on these motors. It only took a good chunk of change out of my pocket, others pockets, and time out of Justin's weekends to help install these.

Take what you will out of this, but I am going to be removing these cams once she is put away for the winter.

BEST part of the weekend!!!

2014 Factory MOD People's Choice Award!!!!

January 2015 Silvertune and M-Rod came down for a weekend. We fought through the bitter cold and installed a Custom one off set of Cams. Weather warmed up, and I was able to get the car out for some tuning/logging runs. Tune was dialed in and the Dyno was calling my name.

June 2015:

One of a kind cams were in, tuning was great, airflow was awesome. But they fell short. My 3.8L just doesn't like cams, we're starting to thing none of them do/will. I had a feeling things fell short while at the track. My 1/4 mile slower..... 1/2 a sec slower. I wanted to see what the dyno was going to say prior to posting about the shafts.

231 WHP 219 WTQ

That's a 31whp and 30 wtq drop from the RPW SC S2 cams. But again, for those of you who will bash and talk crap, these were experimental camshafts. Took a chance and it didn't pay off in the end. That's just what happens, someone has to pony up and start somewhere. Some experiments succeed, some don't. Oh well.

July 2015:

Silvertune came down for another weekend. We put the stock cams back in. Tuning on Saturday morning went great and it was time to hit up the Dragstrip.

I embarrassed myself first pass. Slight wheel hop in first, slammed it into second, and crack.....

Got towed off the track parked it and we soon went scrambling for tools to swap the CV-joint out. Justin took charge and had the axle fixed in no time. I wouldn't have been able to get any runs in if he wasn't there. With 35 minutes remaining in the fun run section of the day I was able to get 3 full passes in. I beat my personal best and got a 14.189 sec 1/4 mile. I know there is much more in there, as I wasn't giving it all it had (I didn't want to break again.)

There is more to come.....

Nice run. Time to pull some weight out of the car!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Nice run. Time to pull some weight out of the car!
    Already on it. I also picked up a set of OEM axles from the yard. I just need to clean them up and put new boots on and we are good to go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234