The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need advice on what springs I should get!

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Need advice on what springs I should get!

So,
    I want to minimize that huge front wheel gap that we all know and love. To do this, I was going to perhaps look into new springs. I currently have 15" wheels on with about a 3-4 finger gap still in the front yet about less than 2 finger cap in the rear. Slamming cars is cool and all, but I dont want to scape when I go over a gentle bump. I really like the amount of height in the rear, and dont really want to drop it any more than what I have, if possible. I DO want to lower the front a good 1.5 inches to close that gap and have my front and rear be level. I understand that springs typically come in a full set, and I have also been told (you know who you are) that mixing types/brands of springs is bad as well.
    So, I seek advice on a set/brand of springs that would be ideal for my case, also since I am not the richest guy in the world, the cheaper the better.

Here is the only picture of the rear on hand:

Thanks guys!

I would suggest the Eibach Pro-Kit but they're really hard to find now. If you can find one here's how it would look
    Before: (8 finger gap i think hahaha)

After: (3 finger gap)

Teins would be the cheapest springs that have decent reviews on it and gives you about 1.7" front drop and 1.3" rear drop i think. Also, it's really easy to find online and normally goes for 190$ or less.

I personally would go eibach or h&r if they make springs for our car. Teins are okay, but I personally got rid of mine after a year.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I like Teins! I have them on my daily, they seem solid. Watch for sales on websites or ebay, I got a set for $125 with free shipping.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by djaltamira View Post
    I would suggest the Eibach Pro-Kit but they're really hard to find now. If you can find one here's how it would look
    Before: (8 finger gap i think hahaha)

After: (3 finger gap)

Teins would be the cheapest springs that have decent reviews on it and gives you about 1.7" front drop and 1.3" rear drop i think. Also, it's really easy to find online and normally goes for 190$ or less.
    Off topic, but why do I not remember seeing this dope ass car before? Car looks great, especially the after picture!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I was just thinking the samething...
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

The wheels that you are running now are 16"

I have tein and kyb gr-2 struts love them. Have them for about 3-4 yrs and really like the setup.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    I like Teins! I have them on my daily, they seem solid. Watch for sales on websites or ebay, I got a set for $125 with free shipping.
    Ive heard good things about Tiens. So far, its a tie between Tiens and Eibach. So far I am just shopping around online. Hopefully Ill stumble upon something good eventually.

Need advice on what springs I should get!

I bought my Eibach Sportline thru tirerack. It drops the front 2" and the back 1.5" if i remember correctly. Make sure to search for the 00-05 i4 eclipse too, they have better aftermarket stuff. Im also using kyb agx. I wouldnt recommend them because its super stiff. Even on the softest setting its rough. Im going for kyb gr2's here soon
    Last edited by Galant Lopez; 04-09-2014 at 08:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Off topic, but why do I not remember seeing this dope ass car before? Car looks great, especially the after picture!
    Serious!!!!!! I love it!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

So its okay to just replace springs?...Ive heard some people say you need to get new struts and shocks as well when lowering your car... or just go with coilovers. Obviously all that is a lot more expensive than just springs which has made me hold off on lowering my G

It's not okay to replace only the springs. Chances are, the original struts are already blown. If not, they will be in no time.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Which will make for a bouncy ride? Could the car take some serious damage?

if you're just going to replace the springs with lowering springs you're better off not doing anything at all.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

The reason I'm asking is because my struts were replaced about a month before I bought my car which was about a month ago...which makes em only around 2 months old...but they were just regular struts...wouldnt wanna buy new ones unless I just need certain type of struts that will work with lowering springs... if all im sacrificing is some ride comfort then I'm fine with that... only want a mild drop...like you get with tiens