The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 to 6g72 swap [blackmamba]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    Well yeah. Which is why swapping to a 3.0 is even more retarded.
    Show me where the f i can buy any other swap for under 1500, you look stupid as fuckk im not droppin 5-10k on some shit to get shipped to me and wait. The point of the swap is to get back on the road by the deadline you fucktArd. Idc if my swap isnt the best swap, its the fact that im car-less atm and when i have some more time to spend and another car to drive to work, then ill upgrade again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2kGblackONblack4g64

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Oh boy, I definitely see this thread going places . You say you don't give AF about what anyone thinks so why are you getting all bent out of shape over silvertunes comments? Just shut everyone up by actually completing the swap, otherwise this is just another worthless thread.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

OP, I hate to be mean, but based on the current condition of the car and style of modifications it currently has, I dont see how you plan to accomplish this swap on the budget you listed.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

5k-10k or $2.3k?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-G...6ed7ea&vxp=mtr

Anyway, if you're a baller on a budget. Keep it simple and put another 4g64 in it lol. You'll still have to cut your engine mount brackets and weld them back in where the v6 ones line up.

Do you have any other projects that you have completed with engine swaps?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    Oh boy, I definitely see this thread going places . You say you don't give AF about what anyone thinks so why are you getting all bent out of shape over silvertunes comments? Just shut everyone up by actually completing the swap, otherwise this is just another worthless thread.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro.
    Cosign.

On another note, I don't mind a little jab here and there, but let's try to be civil folks.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Don't confuse civility with sugar coating it. Anyone here who knows me knows I sugar coat nothing especially not in the face of... this. This will never happen. And if it does it'll be a huge waste. The 3.0 is a turd. The 3.5 is a turd. A stock 3.8 is a turd and that is a 3500$ endeavor easily for a car that came with a V6 stock. A 3g that came with a manual at that.

It's one thing to want to do something crazy but it's another to want to do something completely stupid and against basic logic. This guy can't even weld, this swap does not just bolt in. It's a challenge for people with time and skills to spare and it still isn't worth it on clean chassis, let alone that pile. Take into account all the issues present with a rotted out dumpster like that and even putting a stock motor back into it seems like a waste. I see prettier cars on blocks at the upull yard.

Galants are a dime a dozen. They populate the <$1000 section like rusted out Hondas. They're bland, tired, washed up family cars even when they're good runners. If the chassis was low mile, mint and he had hooks into a 3.8 or a DOHC engine with a manual and had a turbo Vette and the same value in pro grade tools sitting in the garage and was bored with life I might just write it off as a muse. But this is ridiculous. Get fucking real. It's dreamers like this that have drugged the platform into submission. With stupid ricer stickers and retarded endeavors that make all the people who look at these cars think wow, why the fuck would anybody do anything with it at all?

The people who actually make these cars worth respect know all this and will tell you it up front. They know what makes sense and what they wish to attain of it and that is the art in working with forgotten platforms like the galant and 3g. The difference between typical sport car builds and these that these are only worth something in the quality of the work. This pile of shit is beyond any amount of quality work and the endeavor is just as worthless as the chassis already is.
    Last edited by Silvertune; 04-23-2014 at 07:24 PM

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

While I don't tend to share Silvertune's outlook on a number of things he has a point. This is a level of effort that just isn't worth it. Put the car back to stock as much as possible and just go sell it and buy a V6 car. The only way I could see this being any kind of close to a reasonable option is if there was enough done to the car to warrant keeping the chassis, but this doesn't seem to be the case. The time and money would be much better spent towards swapping in a good replacement engine and turbocharging it.

This looks a lot like one of those projects that will proceed to a point until it gets really difficult, sit for awhile then end up in the crusher.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Justin, you weren't even rude in any your posts (at least not in the way we know you can be); if anything I was speaking to the OP for flying off the handle in response to being told some real shit.

OP, do like Chris said, and shut us up with results, but don't go calling contributing members fucktards for keeping it 3hunna with you. This stinks of failure already.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by 00LeibyRacing View Post

Uh...Wtf?

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

LOL. I work alot so its hard to get a chance to get outside but heres some more junk for yall..
    You can actually see the wheels through the inside of the car.
    Nastyy..

2kGblackONblack4g64

Is this swap done yet?
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Nahh but i did manage to make it to the local junkyard this morning and they had 4 4g64s 2000 galants, and an 03' eclipse, STICK,
    so now i got my brake and clutch pedals, slave cylinder, and master cylinders, and shifter assembly, and my driver side windshield wiper arm assembly been messed up and leaving 90% of the rain on the windshield so i grabbed that too while i was their..
    So today was a good dayy

2kGblackONblack4g64

Is this swap done yet?
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Is this swap done yet?
    LOL. Kyle, be nice now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12