The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC electrical problem

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

AC electrical problem

I haven't seen this problem on the site yet and I haven't had much luck getting anyone to fix my AC or give me an indication of what could be the problem. 2004 Galant 2.4L ES
    I started having an issue where if I turn on the AC it works fine on blower setting #1 but not 2-3 or 4. As soon as I do, the compressor kicks off.
    I took it in and they did an evac and recharge, but still the same thing. My AC light does not blink like I have read others do when there's a problem. Just stays off on 2-3 and 4.
    My heat works fine with 1-2-3 and 4 and all of the cabin, defrost settings etc work.
    When I turn it on to the other settings (2-3 or 4), it does indeed blow more air at each step, but the compressor kicks off immediately when I go off of #1 and the air starts blowing warm.
    This just started about 2 months ago.
    I'd appreciate any guidance, Thanks
    TJ

As a follow up to this in case some one else is having a similar issue, I took my car back in and the mechanic did a diagnostic check, and came up with the blower motor resistor being bad.
    I had them change it out and the AC now works like new. $197 with the 1 hr diagnostic time, the resistor and labor charge.
    Well worth it.
    TJ

I just read the first post and I was gonna recommend changing the blower motor resistor. It would have been the first thing I would have done before the evac and recharge. Glad you figured it out!

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Awesome, this is my eclipse is doing, thanks!
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Wow, that's different. I never chimed in thinking it was something else, because when my heater resistor went up, it would only blow in 4, and the compressor would kick off. 1, 2 and 3, the compressor would run, but the fan wouldn't, and running the compressor with no fan blowing air from the evaporator coil is a sure way to freeze and crack it. I used to drive at highway speed so air was coming in and turn it on to try to get some cool air. I replaced mine with a $25 junkyard one and had no issues until that car got junked. This was an 8G though, I figured your 9G was different.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"