The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Demond0d5 Daily Driven Project

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 219
    Got the rear 17's back on with some 215/45 tires...about a finger of clearance now so I'm happy with that

Last night the guys an I went out having some fun...racing around the lake and some back roads in a "track" we made up...lots of fun I tell ya what! But after all was said and done I wanted to see just where I stacked up in our group after the new mods...last I cred was still with the auto. Lined up with a civic EF (old light weight boxy thing) with a few mods here and there...neither of us get traction and spun all the way through 1st, neck n neck in 2nd, started to pull on him in 3rd, and when we hit 4th I pulled away from him...he claimed to miss shift so we lined up again and when I went into 3rd all hell broke loose. The bushings holding my shift tower down got pulled through so my entire tower was loose.

How it's supposed to be:

How it was:

To fix it I just went to the hardware store and got some fender washers. Put them on the bushings so that they can't get pulled through again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

I think you could use the hardware and the 12mm bolts. Looking at those bolts it looks iffy.

I say this because when I went 5spd the hardware amd bushings looked very similar.

Either use the oem bolts or find washers to recreate the oem setup as closely as possible.

OEM bolt:
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I'm using oem stuff from the yard but the washers I got weren't that big, they are same size as the lock washer...so just replaced them with 1 1/4 washers

That's odd. Every 8G/3G I've worked on had the bolts like I posted.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Hardware came from the 2.4 eclipse I pulled the tower out of, not my galant...literally used all the exact bolts we pulled

The rear 2 bolts are new because I had to extend them with the short throw kit, I ran the super short setting, but i initially set it up just like what it had...now it's all fixed though

Starting trying to get logging stuff working with the wideband today...still having complications getting the LC-1 to hook up properly. It won't register any sort of readings at all from it...but when I was messing with it I started to get a good reading for about 30 seconds...not sure if it's a problem with the LC-1, Evoscan, or the cable I'm using to hook up to the computer...

Thanks to some help from Alex I was able to figure out what was going on with the LC-1...now it logs but my computer crashes after about 30 seconds :/
    I think I just need to new USB/Serial cable so fingers crossed!

Still having issues with the wideband...probably gonna get ahold of innovate to see what the think could be the problem :/

Good news is I got the rom/XML from silvertune now. And I have an eclipse ecu to put it in!!! Just have to get the harness for it though...so if anyone is going to a yard with an 02 manual V6 let me know!!! (Or any other vehicle with the same PCM harness)

Got the brembos labeled up...once I move some product around I'm shopping for lines and rotors...then get those sexy things on the car =D

Also did a 2nd and 3rd gear pull the other day, gotta upload those graphs =D

3rd gear pull:

If anyone has any comments on it lemme know! I can also do the actual log too...only thing that really stood out to me was some knock in a few places (not on graph) but had up to 3 counts and several 1 or 2 counts which I hear 1 isn't that big a deal but at 3 you should start to get worried right?

If you are boosted, then 3+ knock counts aren't good.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Still n/a for now...once the weather gets its shit together I'm gonna log more to see if it's consistent or not but going WOT in the snow probably isn't the best idea :/

Rotors got in today =D once it warms up i get to upgrade to brembos!!!!!!

And got everything for the ecu swap now. Bought a galant ecu from BJ over a month ago and he still hasn't shipped it so I bought another one...still pretty sour about that whole situation. But conversion harness is gonna start being made soon!

Nice!! I bet those Brembos will make a world of difference!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes they do. Makes the car stop on a dime..

My dad has a set of upgraded brakes on his 91 Miata and that thing stops so fast my eyeballs almost come out of their sockets. I can't imagine what real Brembos will do.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Got the rears on with plenty of room to spare (still gotta bleed them but my girls at work)........

the fronts however.........

Look nice and pretty there but:

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

You need so much tire to make the brembo's really work, but overkill is never a bad thing on the brakes.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Mainly for show, let's be honest here...the hardest part is going to be finding something to stretch over them, that I like, and still sit in enough when I lower the car that the fender isn't torn to shit

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast