The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shift Light RPM input???????????????

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Shift Light RPM input???????????????

ok after digging through the 360 results when searching "shift light" I only found 3 posts that even mention them...none of them talked about the install though. the question was asked then of "WHICH WIRE DO YOU GET THE RPM INPUT FROM" and was never really answered...I would just look up the diagram but I cant find it anywhere...found some ecu diagrams with the SAFC install info via google but none of them list a galant with the 6g72...if anyone knows what wire it is that would be awesome! if anyone can give me a diagram that will answer my question (preferably without going to the ECU) that would work as well.

normally I would go to shopkeypro but the login info I had has been changed =/

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

If you want a shift light in a sub 200 horsepower beater daily you are a special caliber of person. In the worst possible way.

All the same the wire to tap is the white wire on the distributor. It carries the ignition check signal to the ECU and can be piggybacked for a tach/light or whatever ricetacular retardation you can dream up.

Always wonderful to get your opinion silvertune, thanks for the info as always. No worries, thankfully it's not your car so you don't have to like it :)

Any idea if there is a wire at the gauges I could tap into (rather not have another wire thru the firewall if I can help it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not. The white wire feeds to the ECU which sends a refined voltage to the cluster to control the tach. There is a junction for the wire at the fuse box but it offers no advantage to the ends of tapping the signal over just splicing into the white wire somewhere in the loom.

Ok thanks, that's what I needed to lnow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok what am I doing wrong here...

connect the power wire to the battery
    connect the ground wire to the battery

connect the green wire to that white wire you talked about, start the car, and it works...sorta. it will light when I rev (just hitting it under the hood so idk what RPM) but after a few times it stops working no matter how high I rev, and it doesn't matter what "setting" I put the light to

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    There is not. The white wire feeds to the ECU which sends a refined voltage to the cluster to control the tach. There is a junction for the wire at the fuse box but it offers no advantage to the ends of tapping the signal over just splicing into the white wire somewhere in the loom.
    just to clarify for anyone in the future there is a wire you can tap at the cluster...the cluster harness on the passenger side has a thicker white wire that is second in on the "top or left" side...this is the same wire that runs to the distributor...yes I checked it and didn't just rely on the diagram...ran on ohm meter between them

2000 gallant 6g72 - not sure if it matters, didn't look up any other diagrams but