The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 288
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    need more updates!
    Need more good weather! :)

Dropped the full exhaust a couple days ago. Finally the catback is out, it's an Injen 3" for a 3G Eclipse with modifications.

After that, I pulled the axles. I found that unlike it's suggested in the manual, leaving the BJ connected and disconnecting the hub from the strut is easier. On the other side I even left the caliper and rotor in place, a lot quicker. The service manual calls for special tool, but didn't need it for the tie bar joint either, a punch and a hammer did the trick.

The driver side axle put up a fight on the trans side, so I said forget it. The pass side is easier, bc once you unbolt the two bolts holding the intermediate shaft's bracket to the block, you can use that to tap it out, like suggested in the manual.

And there it goes. Pulling the engine and trans together was not horrible, but definitely tricky on the transmission mount side. I found that taking out all mounts but the pass side, and jacking up the driver side a little bit helps.

Stop. Hammertime. (Had to build the pallet.)

Today I will go on with separating the trans from the mt and pulling some small things like the shifter cables, clutchline, etc.

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Not exactly the update I was looking forward to post, but this is why I was away.

Yes, that's pretty much my worst fear coming to life. Hit again, and totaled again. Life is sure interesting.

As far as plans go, the '01 is 99% ready to go to the yard, and once it does, '02 goes into the garage. I bought Titanium Pearl back too...

Sorry to hear, hopefully you can catch a break. I'm sure it's discouraging. It's sorta like my coolant leak. I know it's like comparing apples and oranges, but my car has been to the shop about 4 times with no luck fixing. Figured I'd share, cause I know how it is when your car is down but seems like everyone else is enjoying theirs.

Damn :(

I really like where this was going, too.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Im sorry to see that man. That is very unfortunate. Hopefully you can get back up on your feet rather quickly
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    That, sucks. Hope everyone was ok.

Blog Entries
    bro sorry about your accident man And hope things well and great job in the recovery and the build have to be aware careless drivers

Thank You guys. Yeah, this one was uglier than my previous accident, but I didn't get hurt. First I got really upset, but now I'm even more determined to be back in a Galant than the last time.

Blog Entries
    That's the Spirit man keep up your Game

sorry about the accident. i have managed to wire in the evo airbag on the steering wheel and it is functional. if u ever need pointers on how to do it then i can help you out whenever u r ready for it
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    sorry about the accident. i have managed to wire in the evo airbag on the steering wheel and it is functional. if u ever need pointers on how to do it then i can help you out whenever u r ready for it
    That is great, yes, I would love to see a tutorial on this!

It's really easy. An evo clock spring is needed as well as the clock spring pig tail. 3 wires and done.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    It's really easy. An evo clock spring is needed as well as the clock spring pig tail. 3 wires and done.
    Well, that is super easy, thanks for the info! I read that somewhere in the past but never got confirmation on it, so I took the easy way out with the 3g wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

So Friday we packed up the boys and went for a little family trip...

… driving home Saturday

…and this was the reason behind the trip – Sunday morning, back home:

And now get ready for some heavy pic-whoring. If you find looking at a bone stock GTZ boring, this part isn't for you lol. Me, I just realized I never even took a decent picture of Titanium Pearl, so I'll be overcompensating. Besides, the dealer sticker on my windshield said: Collectors Edition, so I guess these are classics now :)

This is my new 2003 GTZ in Sterling Silver Metallic, with only 101k miles.
    It spent it's entire life in Florida, so no rust whatsoever, and has the cleanest record I've seen so far. It's in really good mechanical shape, even the A/T is super smooth. Drove it straight home without a single issue.

And the fun begins, the plan is the same as last time.

Great find
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Experienced TGC Member
    Congrats on the new ride.

Its is indeed a clean car.

You can tell it got serviced by little things like the wires on the front, the vac line on the fpr and the ziptie on the map sensor. Things like that just happen while handling them. I say its a plus because they did at least plugs and hopefully timing belt.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 05-11-2015 at 03:56 AM

Dang that is nice!! Congrats on your new ride man.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Nice find, definitely don't see them in this good of condition around my way

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast