The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: interior design help

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

interior design help

Alright I have from the start the A body 01 galant and I'm going to be doing the interior on it and I could use some help/opinions with a clean yet interesting approach.

So it starts out with a full grey interior with "wood" (hahaha) grain trim as usual and I'm planning on doing that overly done 3g wheel/seat swap. I'm not doing leather seats because living in Florida I'm not to keen on sticking to my seats. I plan on purchasing a crap ton of fabric paint btw.

So new carpet- black
    3g front seats stock back seats- black
    Already painted my door handle guards black
    Already painted my guage bezel grey
    3g wheel- black obviously
    And plans on redoing my headliner leopard print.

I do wanna keep some grey but I'm going more black than anything.

What should I do to my

"Wood grain" trim
    Door fabric
    Rear deck
    3rd brake light housing
    Or any other ideas

In 2 weeks time I'll have the funds just trying to pre plan now so any ideas would be awesome, thanks.

I would say paint/plasti dip (which ever you prefer) the wood trim black
    leave the door fabric gray for contrast to the black handle cover/electric switch cover
    rear deck keep gray and paint the brake light cover black
    just my opinion do what ever makes you happy plasti dip is your friend for things like this
    because if you don't like it you can just easily peal it off

"Wood grain" trim
    I would say find some GTZ carbon fiber trim or hydro dip yours. Unless you stick with a two tone scheme that is predominantly dark.

Door fabric
    Do a black leather over the fabric and paint the door black.

Rear deck
    Use black headliner fabric. Seeing as doing vinyl you wont be able to get clear audio unless you get speaker covers from another car.

3rd brake light housing
    Black/Carbon fiber dipped???

Or any other ideas
    Black interiors are nice but getting a good balance with your color scheme is difficult. Stick with 2-3 things so it isn't overbearing and messy looking. Also when doing this take your time and plan ahead. I blacked out my interior as well but I used a lot of what was available at hand and a few JDM bits. Black carpet, 3g door cups, JDM chrome door handles, 3g seats front, 3g E-brake button/cover, 3g fabric used in the rear to match, black replacement carpet, redid headliner black, rear deck with same material, all 3g seat bolt covers, 3g seat belts F/R, Diamante kick panels, wood grain trim, All interior plastic blackened, LED everything lol, and lastly a custom dash swap + center console. That's currently what I have and it's taken me a good year plus and I am still not finished. In the list are things you can do as well as fit but some of it (a lot) is handmade. Good luck!