The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: customizing my '12 GALANT SE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 100 of 100
    Pics would be awesome, I'm interested in what you did!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

How much hp and torque you running? Interested either this or turbo build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Mk4&Mk6 - i’m at 240 bhp. can’t remember the torque, i gotta look at my dyno sheet. she’s maxed out, though, there’s nothing else i can do to get the numbers any higher.

if i were to start over again, however, i’d go the forced-induction route. good luck.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Quote Originally Posted by WEAPONS-GRADE View Post
    @Mk4&Mk6 - i’m at 240 bhp. can’t remember the torque, i gotta look at my dyno sheet. she’s maxed out, though, there’s nothing else i can do to get the numbers any higher.

if i were to start over again, however, i’d go the forced-induction route. good luck.
    Do u have auto or manual trans? Did all these upgrades in the list fit without problem? How does it feel vs 160 hp lol? Who tuned you ? Hackish? Thanks man I really appreciate it since I have a 12 Galant ES and I’ve been looking for mods but not crazy swaps or anything lol

@Mk4&Mk6- yes, all the parts i listed fit with no issues. the vast majority of them are meant for the LANCER RALLIART, but, since we share that engine, they all work on the GALANT, too. i gotta say the car’s acceleration is noticeably quicker. not sure if the top speed is any higher, i don’t really have a place to test that.

also, i tuned the car myself. since my car has several performance mods, i had to purchase the software that’s meant for this particular fuel calibrator, along with an air/fuel gauge, and change a few of the parameters in order to optimize the fuel curves. but it was pretty easy to do.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

@Mk4&Mk6- yes, all the parts i listed fit with no issues. the vast majority of them are meant for the LANCER RALLIART, but, since we share that engine, they all work on the GALANT, too. i gotta say the car’s acceleration is noticeably quicker. not sure if the top speed is any higher, i don’t really have a place to test that.

also, i tuned the car myself. since my car has several performance mods, i had to purchase the software that’s meant for this particular fuel calibrator, along with an air/fuel gauge, and change a few of the parameters in order to optimize the fuel curves. but it was pretty easy to do.
    What do you need to tune yourself? Do you have auto trans? Do you use oil transmission cooler? How is the trans holding up?

nice upgrades
    what exhaust do you have on there?

have you ever considered ecu flash with tatrix cable instead of a piggyback?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

@Mk4&Mk6 - in order to tune the fuel calibrator you need the R4 software. you can buy it from RRM’s site. and yes, i have the 4-speed automatic...it’s the only transmission offered in the 2012s (in the US).

- - - Updated - - -

@mko - can’t flash the ECU directly, as far as i know these cars have a built-in firewall to prevent any sort of messing with.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

@Mk4&Mk6 - in order to tune the fuel calibrator you need the R4 software. you can buy it from RRM’s site. and yes, i have the 4-speed automatic...it’s the only transmission offered in the 2012s (in the US).

- - - Updated - - -

@mko - can’t flash the ECU directly, as far as i know these cars have a built-in firewall to prevent any sort of messing with.
    How many miles ever since all this heavy mods? Have u considered a RPW stage 1 Cam?

@Mk4&Mk6 - i’ve put on about 5,000 miles since everything’s been done. no issues whatsoever. in fact, it feels better now than it did when i first bought it.

i don’t wanna get into doing cams and other such mods. those are more appropriate if you’ve got forced induction. i don’t need them and they won’t increase my performance figures.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

@Mk4&Mk6 - i’ve put on about 5,000 miles since everything’s been done. no issues whatsoever. in fact, it feels better now than it did when i first bought it.

i don’t wanna get into doing cams and other such mods. those are more appropriate if you’ve got forced induction. i don’t need them and they won’t increase my performance figures.
    Hmm I see. What CR are those pistons? 8.5:1? 10:1? Do you have RRM timing box , piggy ECU and CD rom software?

@Mk4&Mk6 - these pistons increase the compression ratio to 10:1.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

if you’re modifying your car to the point where you’re messing with the ECU, this gauge is a must:

the air/fuel ratio gauge will let you know if you’re running too lean (or too rich). you wanna be at 14.7 at idle or if you’re cruising. if you go above 16 or so you run the risk of damaging the engine. that’s when you wanna mess with the fuel curves to optimize efficiency.
    Last edited by WEAPONS-GRADE; 01-25-2018 at 12:54 PM
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

if you’re modifying your car to the point where you’re messing with the ECU, this gauge is a must:

the air/fuel ratio gauge will let you know if you’re running too lean (or too rich). you wanna be at 14.7 at idle or if you’re cruising. if you go above 16 or so you run the risk of damaging the engine. that’s when you wanna mess with the fuel curves to optimize efficiency.
    Yeah I plan to buy one of those. Ive been running lean on both systems but mostly because of a bad IM gasket. But I mostly do cruising so idk how that could affect it. So far it mostly runs lean when there is high vacuum. Also I’m looking forward to building the auto trans with IPT. I’m not sure but prob for now I would install a temp gauge for the trans oil temp and a tube and fin Oil Cooler as well as an engine oil cooler so those are my plans then turbo it then if trans don’t hold for too long prob build it.

i plan on selling the car in the next few days. time to move on to another project. i’ll be checking the thread for the next few weeks, but after that i won’t be active here no more. it’s been fun, folks.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

i plan on selling the car in the next few days. time to move on to another project. i’ll be checking the thread for the next few weeks, but after that i won’t be active here no more. it’s been fun, folks.
    I haven't had a Galant in over 2 years now and I still check in once a week or so. This is by far my favorite forum even though it isn't too active anymore. Most are filled with judgmental sarcastic assholes who will do anything to get a like, and most on TGC are pretty chill.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

i’ve found this forum to be pretty good, too. i just don’t see the need, personally, to stick around after i get ridda the car.

i was thinking about getting a 2012 ECLIPSE. same 4-cylinder engine. i can use what i learned on this platform and turn it up a notch. we’ll see...
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

i’ve found this forum to be pretty good, too. i just don’t see the need, personally, to stick around after i get ridda the car.

i was thinking about getting a 2012 ECLIPSE. same 4-cylinder engine. i can use what i learned on this platform and turn it up a notch. we’ll see...
    If you are get you a manual. Or get you the v6.
    Personally I’ve made up my mind and I’m doing this for my build:
    12 turbo Galant 4 speed Auto with a TD05HR 16G 10.5T twin scroll evo 8 turbo somewhere at 10-14psi at most with the stock trans. Afterwards I will spend around $3.5k to build the trans. I’ll start maybe at 7psi and then move up as I monitor the auto trans oil temps and other values. It should be a fun DD and weekend car.

im gonna be turboing my 9g soon too. I'll be using 14b turbo with 7cm hotside, custom manifold, no intercooler running on 8 psi with 305cc v6 injectors. Trans will get only a bigger cooler
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    im gonna be turboing my 9g soon too. I'll be using 14b turbo with 7cm hotside, custom manifold, no intercooler running on 8 psi with 305cc v6 injectors. Trans will get only a bigger cooler
    How much bigger? I want a cooler like the one RRM has and maybe even with a fan.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345