The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lowering car

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Lowering car

I was looking at past post about lowering the 8g and still couldnt find a few things.
    1.if i get racing shocks that lower the car do i have to replace the struts as well?
    2.whats the best brand/hieght for racing springs online?
    3.are ebay shocks reliable?

Please let me know, im very sick of the boaty feel of the stock suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answers are def. here...keep looking...and welcome....

You'll learn pretty quick nobody likes to spoon feed answers...no disrespect...good luck

Where do I start?

Unless you're foreign and the translation is off, there are no such thing as racing shocks or racing springs. Shocks? The 8G doesn't use shocks in it's suspension, only struts, you can't have both on the same corner, you have either or. Springs? Therr are lowering springs available (eibach, megan, Tein....) and no it's not recommended you use your existing "struts". Get a new set and at a minimum use KYB gr-2/excel-g. KYB AGX are the struts you are aiming for.

Coilovers are another way of lowering the car replacing the strut assemblies with shorter, stiffer, adjuster coilover dampers. Burns a bigger hole in your pocket, however when adding the costs of the conventional way of doing it, renting or buying a spring compressor, getting a set of coilovers may not be so bad, especially if you're into "racing".

Thank you oakrdrs, not foriegn just still a teenager, and yea you are correct, it was springs that I was looking at and choosing from. I just mixed up the words.

Cute... ur too nice Vic.. ;)

Meh...airbags for days ^.^

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

I run 2" megan springs and KYB GR-2's
    I'm fine, but make sure your garage will pass you for inspection if you lower.

Are you happy with the 2" or would you want less? And what kinda wheel size are you running?

Ive always been a fan of eibach/kyb combo.