The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just got some rims for the 9g

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

just got some rims for the 9g

Hey guys im at work. I have no time to search. I got some Drag rims they are 18x8 and it sais ET i think thats for the off set wich sais its 48. I am not sure what i would need to make these fit. I put them on the front to see what it looks like and it loks as if the back of the rim is centermeters away from hitting the shock. i really dont want to have to let go of these. Also what would be a good sight to get lug nuts the stock ones are not going to fit.

Get hub centric spacers that bolt on, 10mm should clear nicely and give it nice fit. As far as lug, they sell tuner sets at autopart stores for about $30.

I have been to many sites that list custom spacers. Many. start out at 32mm. Not sure if thats a good idea to get. How would i know exsactly which ones i should buy?

Get the h&r spacers, best quality spacers in my opinion
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I willntake a look at these. Oakrdrs sais to get 10mm for the front and the back, will that be enough of a clearance? I just dpnt want to keep buyng and returning products till i find one that fits.

That's more than enough, it'll clear.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

I went to look at the h&r spacers, but they do not have our galant listed. Instead they have eclipse gs and gt model. Do those make a difference if i pick one of those. Do they have the same whell gap as the galants?

Just checked website, yes either one is fine. All the same

I ran into another set back. My wheels only came with two hub centric rings. Anyone know the inner and outer diameter of the hub size? I dont have that gauge to do this myselff.

So I put on my wheels. I don't need the hub centric wheel spacers as I thought id did. BUT I do need the hub centric rings because with out them I am getting a fast wobble of the steering wheel while driving. It is very scary. I made sure the lug nuts where tight. I also had the wheels balanced. I got the wrong size wheel hub rings. They fit the rims fine, but not the wheel hub. Any info would be great.

Discount tire or tire rack or any tire shop that sell wheels should have the rings. Get the metal ones. I had plastic rings on my wheels but I decided to machine the rings out of aluminum. If i remember right our hub diameter is 67.1mm

yes you were right. just to confirm, our wheel hub diameter is 67.1mm. I went with the plastic ones. They didn't have the metal rings. Now my car feels perfect again. there are no turns of the steering wheel, no vibrations. thanks for the help.