The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kinds of Engines 4 A Swap

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Kinds of Engines 4 A Swap

Is there a list of engines that fit Galants, I have a 2000 ES 2.4L and have seen that Eclipses from like 99-2006 work. But I was just seeing what's up with bumping a 4 banger to a 6. It's a project car. I was also thinking about dropping a 5speed into it, also read the same year range of Eclipses work straight up.

Cheers in advance.

Nm I'm an idiot found what I'm looking for. Anyone with any stories or a link to some would be sweet

The 3rd gen eclipse engines will work and the 5 speed transmission will swap over, just try to use the the engine and trans from the same year your car is. Since your galant is a 2000 you can use the engine/trans from the eclipse years 2000 to 2001, in 2002 mitsubishi changed some electronics in the galant and eclipse.

If your looking for some power, just 5 speed swap, get polyurethane motor mount inserts, coilovers, and turbo your engine. There have been too many members that tried to swap from a 4 cylinder to the V6 and have stopped once they had the engine and trans out and they found out that it would cost a lot of money and more work then they wanted to do.

EDIT: here a thread that might help you with the 5 speed swap

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...TED-02-03-06**
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 01-29-2015 at 09:28 AM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    The 3rd gen eclipse engines will work and the 5 speed transmission will swap over, just try to use the the engine and trans from the same year your car is. Since your galant is a 2000 you can use the engine/trans from the eclipse years 2000 to 2001, in 2002 mitsubishi changed some electronics in the galant and eclipse.

If your looking for some power, just 5 speed swap, get polyurethane motor mount inserts, coilovers, and turbo your engine. There have been too many members that tried to swap from a 4 cylinder to the V6 and have stopped once they had the engine and trans out and they found out that it would cost a lot of money and more work then they wanted to do.

Cheers mate, ya I got that 5-speed swap bookmarked. Also I kept reading the start of people attempting the engine swap but I could never find the end result, I guess I know why.

Again thanks a lot for being straight up and clear.

Would you happen to know of the end result of all what you said, 5 speed swap, polyurethane motor mount inserts, coilovers, and turbo the engine. I'll keep digging around though so no worries, I will find the info.

i swapped in out a 4banger and put in a 6 shooter bolted up no problem it was the easiest part of the build. dont know how the 6g7x mounts tho. I learned that the most important thing when you want to do something is to just go for it dont let ppl tell you it cant be done because when there is a will there is a way..
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Palmz is the man and custom made some stuff tho Palmz can give you the most insight, he has both USDM and JDM.

Then there's this guy https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...wap-blackmamba
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Seeing Palmz response on that link you just posted give credit that he is human too.

@palmz I like your style bro.

Debating, would it be better to keep the block and switch up headers. Is it true the evo headers fit straight up? I'm just looking to double check all this info cause a lot of people talk but I'm not finding them posting their final results.

Think I'm gonna need to start posting pics as I go. Wanna be able to hit up memory lane down the road lol

Ya I'm just gonna probably go for the
    5 speed swap, polyurethane motor mount inserts, coilovers, and turbo the engine. Im looking to get more power, but not in the sense of "as much power as possible". The 5 speed is what I'm looking at mainly at first and go from there, the rest is because I can. I'm debating if I should look for a lower milage on a I4 motor and put it in. Budget isn't the problem, but at the same time I'm not going to drop money for the sake of dropping it. I'd rather put it into my 64 1/2 Stang tbh.

Again, thanks for all the input. Is there a place I should post the progress pics, or just on this OP?

Dunno why my posts aren't posting or whether they are getting deleted. I've said thanks a dozen times now and every time I come back it's gone. Figure it's Tapatalk.

Anyways thanks again. Do the Evo headers fit, I've read it somewhere but just asking really for future knowledge. I'm doing coilovers and the 5-speed first though. Got a few junkyards in an hours radius.

I'm going to do the timing belt this weekend and go shopping for that tranny.

Member by the name of deeznuts. He did the i4 to V6. Alot of cutting and welding according to him. He himself said you're better off starting with a V6 car and modding it or starting with the 6g72 and moving up the 6g7x ladder.

Palmz is the man and custom made some stuff tho Palmz can give you the most insight, he has both USDM and JDM.

Then there's this guy https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...wap-blackmamba
    Haha thanks man 😆

Sent from S-G4
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Palmz, what 6 did you swap it with? Do you have a build post of doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by iamjparkinson View Post
    Palmz, what 6 did you swap it with? Do you have a build post of doing it?
    His G isn't USDM. Won't apply to you.

Your only drop in option is the 6g7x motors, lots of fab work.

Much better off getting a V6 car for 1500 off craigslist and starting with that or 5 speed and bolt on mod your 4. Then get a tune. Hit up Church automotive testing in Long Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    His G isn't USDM. Won't apply to you.

Your only drop in option is the 6g7x motors, lots of fab work.

Much better off getting a V6 car for 1500 off craigslist and starting with that or 5 speed and bolt on mod your 4. Then get a tune. Hit up Church automotive testing in Long Beach.
    I need sleep, I'm running on fumes and not reading shit right. My bad.

Church Automotive is definitely on my future list. Place is legendary lol.

Ya I'm gonna hit up the 5speed this weekend, well at least go hunting for it. I wish I didn't part out my 00 eclipse now a few years back.....o how life would be so fucking sweet right now.

So bolts line up perfect right? Don't wanna pull it out and then have to tow it to my buddies house if it doesn't fit.

I need sleep, I'm running on fumes and not reading shit right. My bad.

Church Automotive is definitely on my future list. Place is legendary lol.

Ya I'm gonna hit up the 5speed this weekend, well at least go hunting for it. I wish I didn't part out my 00 eclipse now a few years back.....o how life would be so fucking sweet right now.

So bolts line up perfect right? Don't wanna pull it out and then have to tow it to my buddies house if it doesn't fit.
    If your talking about the 5speed, yes it bolts on.

Daniel from Church is always with us at the track. Cool dude, smart too.

I'm in Coachella, my friends shop is ib Palm Springs. Kpowered.

Do you know why the v6 doesnt fit in the usdm i4 G ? cos it looks to my like the 6a13 would just bolt in my usdm just aswell as it did the jdm but my guess is the wiring would be off by a whole lot, doesnt look like there is any modification needed, the cross member on the bottom bolts on the same place in both cars and motor mounts look like they are in the same location.

Is it just the 6g7x that is fudgin things up?

i will admit ive never taken the engine out of the usdm so i dont have that going for me might be something hiddin that im not noticing
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

If I was world leader, I'd force car manufacturer's to play nice and build their cars universally the same no matter where they are being sold.

Hey I can dream....

Dunno why my posts aren't posting or whether they are getting deleted. I've said thanks a dozen times now and every time I come back it's gone. Figure it's Tapatalk.
    They were stuck in the spam filter, sorry about that. I just approved all the messages. I'm not sure why they were put there in the first place; I'll have to review the settings.