The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No start after manual ecu swap

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

No start after manual ecu swap

I have done the trans swap and now the ecu swap on my 2002 the ecu is from a 00 eclipse. It is throwing 2 codes P0110 and p0335 intake air temp circuit and crankshaft position sensor a circuit. I also have a couple wires from the manual ecu I can't figure out where they go pin 56 and 91 although I think 91 is a ground. I thought I read something that said the crank sensor was diff in 00 and 02 but can't find that info anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I'm kinda stumped. I used this as a reference
    Last edited by dGALANTc; 03-29-2015 at 06:37 PM
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Figured it out it was the ground at pin 16 on the auto ecu forgot to connect it, but not its throwing p1500 code vehicle speed sensor. Do I need to change the wiring back to stock since I changed it so the speedo would work with the M/T. ? any suggestions?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

I did the MT swap, and then did an evo ecu swap. I didn't have to change any wiring, it worked fine after the swap. I would check your ground for the speed sensor. Make sure its getting 5v and ground at the sensor, and then make sure the signal wire from the sensor to the ecu has continuity.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Thanks ill do more testing tomorrow.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Turns out there was a bad wire at the altenator connector, it was shorting to ground.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....