The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P0443 code?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38

P0443 code?

So apparently it's "EVAP System Purge Control Valve Circuit". And it's sending either the wrong signal or it just doesn't work at all. But I can't even find where this thing is on the engine. I'll put up a pic of my engine bay in a bit because I'm stuck and can't find it at all.
    *Added pics*

Last edited by rezyy0; 02-24-2015 at 03:08 PM Reason: Added pics

Here is the diagram for the OEM IM:

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Here is the diagram for the OEM IM:

Does it matter that I have the outlander TB? It's not the oem one anymore.

see on the right, it says EVAPorative Emission PURGE Solenoid, I'm assuming to replace that.
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    see on the right, it says EVAPorative Emission PURGE Solenoid, I'm assuming to replace that.
    I'll try to find one. Thanks for the diagram dude

No prob, that's why we're all here. I've replaced the EVAP Purge on my eclipse, it's right under the throttle body IIRC
    00 Eclipse RS MT

On the outlander manifold its moved by the oil dipstick on a triangular bracket.

You can see it on the OP pics, the first image shows the connectors of the EGR solenoid (orange) and the EVAP solenoid (dark green connector) by the throttle cable on the image, and the second image you see the triangular bracket I mentioned with both of them on it.

Now, cuircuit usually points to a problem in the wiring, since these we're relocated for the outlander manifold the wires would have been extended, look for a break in the wires or loose connection.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-25-2015 at 02:30 AM

I unplugged and tested both with a voltage meter and both came up 12 volts. Should I replace the whole part then?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

As Oak said I'd recheck the connections of the extended wires, maybe a solderis broken causing a intermittent connection or it was not insulated well.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    As Oak said I'd recheck the connections of the extended wires, maybe a solderis broken causing a intermittent connection or it was not insulated well.
    Well, I thought more about it and realized I had the code even before the TB swap, so I'm just gonna spend $30 on a replacement and see what happens. And like I said before, all of the wires tested fine for voltage with a meter, so I'm 99% sure it's the evap purge solenoid valve itself.

Replacing the TB will do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Replacing the TB will do nothing.
    Sorry I probably should have worded it better. I meant I had the code before I did the swap, so I bought a new evap purge solenoid to replace, not the actual TB lol. If that makes it clearer.

So I replaced the evap purge solenoid valve, and now it drives rough :( anyone know what could have happened? By rough I mean like when I get to a stop it almost wants to die, and it sounds like it's sucking in a lot of air, but I didn't mess with hardly any vacuum lines. Got any ideas?

Did you disconnect the throttle body? If you did, make sure that you aligned the throttle body gasket correctly. If you have flipped it, would cause those symptoms.

Nope didn't have to move it at all. I have the Outlander tb so the evap purge solenoid valve is just on a bracket on the left. All I did was unbolt it, disconnected the vacuum lines, reconnected them to the new one, and bolted it back on and now it runs rough. I even tried putting the old one back on and it still runs rough so I have no idea what could have happened.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Well if you swapped the Evap purge solenoid, you messed with vacuum lines. Did you disconnect the battery by any chance? If you did that is normal for a couple of hundred miles. Check if you have any new CEL codes.

4g64T 5spd

I erased the code before I drove it, after I replaced it. Maybe this is the issue? Should I just drive it a couple more days and see what happens?

Make sure the vacuum lines are connected properly again. If necessary disconnect and reconnect them. Also like Omega said, remove your negative on your battery for about 30 minutes, and let your car re-learn your idle, and see if that makes it better.

Alright well I'm currently leaving the battery disconnected so I'll see what happens in a bit.

Okay so I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, let it idle for 10 and it's still rough. Wierd thing is, it doesn't drop drastically in rpms. It stays around 900 but it still sounds like it's sucking in alot of air, and it sounds almost like a dirtbike sort of. I can take a video if it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast