The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Need help

Okay I'm working on my 05s ac system replacing compressor expansion valve drier and condenser need help with oil quantity. New compressor came with 5.3 oz. service manual says comp 4.7 evap 2.0 condenser 0.5 suction line0.3 receiver 0.3 which all adds up to 7.8? But then it says the formula is new compressor 4.7oz - old compressor oz = how much oil gets distributed into everything else?

When I replace all my ac stuff I just took it to the mechanic to have them fill it. Cost me 25 bucks. Was going to do it the same way you did but I didn't want to mess it up. Basically spent 5 more bucks than purchasing a refill can. Plus they double checked if my system had leaks.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I'm refeering to the actual system lubricant oil not the refridgerent but thank you I plan on getting it recharged at the shop as well :)

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    When I replace all my ac stuff I just took it to the mechanic to have them fill it. Cost me 25 bucks. Was going to do it the same way you did but I didn't want to mess it up. Basically spent 5 more bucks than purchasing a refill can. Plus they double checked if my system had leaks.
    This all day!

I have people come in to my store all day trying to avoid ac shops, they end up spending about 60 on these little cans.

I asked my friend who hooks me up with these services what it regularly runs to evacuate the system (pulling freon and moisture which isn't good to have), pressure test and then refill with proper amount of freon. About 80.

For 20 bucks savings, people go through the hassle of fucking with those inaccurate hoses that come with the cans, sit there adding freon not knowing when to stop, Air introduced to the line and in the end with half the people who do it, it still doesn't work. Lol.

About talking about oil lubricant that goes in the system not "freon"

Quote Originally Posted by jmanuel44 View Post
    About talking about oil lubricant that goes in the system not "freon"
    I qas agreeing with drones.

As far as the Pag Oil, the shop you take it to will also push oil.

They'll be able to push that much oil through the connections even tho its liquid and not vapor? If so would ijust empty all the oil from the new compressor and put everything back together?

Quote Originally Posted by jmanuel44 View Post
    They'll be able to push that much oil through the connections even tho its liquid and not vapor? If so would ijust empty all the oil from the new compressor and put everything back together?

This is the setup my friend has. And according to him, theres a compartment in the machine to introduce oil into the lines.

Dope. Thanks for the info much help I'll call around and ask before I empty it out tho.

Called shops and they all seemed like they didn't know what iwas talking about any help?