The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Old member, new name

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Old member, new name

I used to be on here with my 7g. Username was kaufmanp92eb. Now I'm back with the 8g I just purchased.
    2001 es 4cyl. 135k miles. All stock...for now.
    Ever since I sold my 7g I have been wanting another Galant. I finally found one after moving to Phoenix. Paint is in great shape, interior is in great shape. I just need to get rid of that stupid faux wood trim.
    I'm excited to be back here.
    My new G.

My old G.

Nice, thinking about a return myself

Sent from my SM-T807T using Tapatalk
    The Altima

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome

Thanks. I will be putting a build thread together as I start making progress on my new baby.

Welcome back. Fortunately, getting rid of the wood look is incredibly simple. If you aren't in the mood to paint, getting silver trim from an 02-03 Galant is easy enough.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

That's the plan. I saw a full set at pull and save. I just didn't have the time to pull it. Still on the fence if I will paint the silver set. From what I've heard/read its much easier than painting the wood grain set.

i would wrather sell the wood set i sometimes see ppl looking for that shit on fb
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Welcome back, that looks like a clean 8g!

I agree, don't paint over the "wood" , just replace it. The silver trim is easy to find, but lately all I came across at the yard were completely worn. If you want the '02+ GTZ Carbon Twist trim, just let me know, I have an extra set.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Welcome back, that looks like a clean 8g!

I agree, don't paint over the "wood" , just replace it. The silver trim is easy to find, but lately all I came across at the yard were completely worn. If you want the '02+ GTZ Carbon Twist trim, just let me know, I have an extra set.
    I would love that trim. PM sent