The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Convert JDM headlights

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Convert JDM headlights

Hello guys, I have tried to search a little bit but not found what im looking for.

A friend of my are maybe goin to sell his Legnum headlights, combined indikator and high and low beam.

Here in EU we got two seperate, headlight, and indikator.

Looking best with one-block.

But the thing is.. in Sweden we got right asymmetric half beams.
    And I know that Japan dont. cuz they drive on the wrong side of the road!

Maybe Left asymmetric there?

How is it to convert?
    Can I open them up, and take the inside from a Swedish headlight and put in the one-block?

90% of the people and cars on here are usdm cars. lots of people have done the jdm headlight conversion swap and that is not hard at all. just figure out which wire gets power and when whenver you turn your headlights on.

He's talking about something else. He's got the 2 piece EUspec heads and might be able to get his hands on a pair of JDM 1 piece ones, but the optics are different between them, lighting up the road differently.

Amoreex, here people don't really bother with it, lot's of states don't even have tech exams, so we slap it on and adjust. I have my old JDM heads in the garage, I'll dig it out tomorrow and look at the internals for you as they are broken anyways. I don't see why the reflector piece wouldn't swap over from the 2 piece heads, but do not know it for certain.

You would have to swap the guts between the two to have properly aimed headlights.
    Should be very similar in design in terms of mounting inside the headlights with minimal modification at most but most likely not.
    The OP is referring to EUDM Left Hand vs JDM Right Hand headlights.
    For example, a LH throws like this __/ __/.
    The intent is to help light the right side of the road, signs, etc.
    RH would be like this: \__ \__ .
    If you're in the right lane, you would be aiming them at oncoming drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    He's talking about something else. He's got the 2 piece EUspec heads and might be able to get his hands on a pair of JDM 1 piece ones, but the optics are different between them, lighting up the road differently.

Amoreex, here people don't really bother with it, lot's of states don't even have tech exams, so we slap it on and adjust. I have my old JDM heads in the garage, I'll dig it out tomorrow and look at the internals for you as they are broken anyways. I don't see why the reflector piece wouldn't swap over from the 2 piece heads, but do not know it for certain.
    If you wan't to check it up I would be really grateful!
    Looks much better IMO with one-block

Now it looks like this:

Quote Originally Posted by gojirars View Post
    You would have to swap the guts between the two to have properly aimed headlights.
    Should be very similar in design in terms of mounting inside the headlights with minimal modification at most but most likely not.
    The OP is referring to EUDM Left Hand vs JDM Right Hand headlights.
    For example, a LH throws like this __/ __/.
    The intent is to help light the right side of the road, signs, etc.
    RH would be like this: \__ \__ .
    If you're in the right lane, you would be aiming them at oncoming drivers.
    Do you mean the little "metal-thing" that is mountet just in front of the bulb?
    How much work is it to remove the front "glass" from the headlights?

It's glued right?

Any1 know anything more about my last post ?

U might wanna check at the vr4 forums since that mainly international members who have more knowledge about the jdm and eu stuff.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

uk/euro spec headlights can be split(although not done it myself)....i have just put uk spec(glass) with modified lights on my pfl replacing the the very tired jdm ones....jdm also have orange indicator reflectors..pop along to the clubvr4.co.uk forum,a few guys have done the splitting on there and may be able to offer more advice

Check my build thread in my sig, it's one of those thing I just did (the third time) and I have pics there for you. The one piece JDM headlights split the same way the USDM does, and we do it all the time here to clear the corners / get rid of the orange reflector. Tools you need: hairdryer to heat up the seal, I use a flathead screwdriver to scrap out all hot glue, a small phillips, and I myself use Hondabond to seal it back. When heating up, do the sides evenly and pull them apart starting at inner end. Don't heat them in the oven, a good hairdryer is more than enough and makes it easier to handle because your not heating up the whole housing.