The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brembo rear install

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

brembo rear install

since the front is pretty straight forward, I wanted to know if I got this correct for the rear. I need the v6 back plates from a galant only. Also do I still need to modify the part of the backplate for the ebrake to go through? I looked at the tutorial that run1206 did for rear disc swap. I just wanted to make sure I have the necessary tools available before I do this. is there anything else that I should be aware of?
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Yes you need the backing plates. Yes you need to modify the ebrake portion to allow it to sit deeper for the clip to work. I swapped my hubs out too while I was at it. Not sure if its something you need I cannot remember but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Sweet thanks! I might as well change what I can while I'm down there. My boat about to hit 300k miles
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

If you have brembo hardware for the rear(mounting bolts) they are too long and will dig into the rotor or dust shield. FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    If you have brembo hardware for the rear(mounting bolts) they are too long and will dig into the rotor or dust shield. FYI

Cool, good to know before I jump in on this! Now will the galant v6 disc mounting bolts work or will I need to buy some from a hardware shop? I just ordered the backplates, and will be pulling off the brembos on Monday. I still need to purchase spacers since they wont clear my wheels. debating if I can get away with 10mm, but I think I might have to go with 15mm spacers. I have the whole evo 9, so im just seeing what else I might need to pull from it.

Get oem hardware and then space out the bolt. I did no issues. Or cut them shorter. I think around 10mm too long because we have steel knuckles compared to the evo aluminum

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

FYI Oem hardware cost me $77 for fronts and rears. For my second swap I paid $20 for the same grade bolts as the Oem ones but bought them from the hardware store.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Damn. Few days too late. I still have my rear disc brake setup that I never installed, Dronesurfboard. Don't think I'll be putting them on anymore.