The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cooling system flush

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

cooling system flush

My 99 isnt keeping her cool. Here in nor cal its hitting 105-110 and higher. Iwant to know what is the best flush to use, and also has anyone heard of using clr. thanks gor any help, and stay cool

Use a specific automotive coolant flush system. The only way to 'flush' the coolant system is with a coolant flush machine, only shops will have that. Otherwise you would do a 'drain and fill'

You can buy coolant test strips from your local autoparts store to tell you the quality of the coolant in the vehicle. It may be adequate, otherwise, spend $125-150 and get the system flush from a shop.

Hey Radgalant2k1 thank you first off, for taking time to help me out. Much appreciated. I did buy a bottle of blue devil radiator flush, i havent used it yet. I worked for a cousin many yrs ago at his radiator shop, and we used water and air pressure to back flush the engine blocks. The radiators would be rodded out. But that was back when rads were all metal. I think i might just go ahead and yank the rad and pull of the top tank and rod it out. Its not hard to do but time consuming. I will still half to figure out a way to clean the block.