The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to clean a MAF sensor?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

How to clean a MAF sensor?

Hi, guys. I've got a 99 4cl galant, though I suspect that this question applies to all Mitsubishis. I can find lots of posts telling me what NOT to do to clean the MAF sensor in these cars, but I haven't found anyone offering a definitive way TO clean them. Can someone help me out here? I've got that idle up and down thing going, have cleaned the throttle body, replaced the IAC and I still have to reset the ICU periodically. It was every 100 miles or so, now it's more like every 30. I really don't feel like cleaning the thing with MAF cleaner that's clearly marked "not for use on Mitsubishis" and having to shell out money I don't have to get a new one. If you know what to do, please let me know.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i got a few spares.....$30 shipped to your door

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Ive used MAF cleaner on mine and have had no problems.

may have to take you up on that offer for that maf bronxbombr, having the same issue,my car runs fine with the maf unplugged but as soon as it's plugged in it starts bucking

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    i got a few spares.....$30 shipped to your door
    Thanks for the offer, but I can get them at a local boneyard for $25. I'm recovering financially from some health issues, so I didn't even want to spend that if I didn't have to.

I've used the crc maf sensor cleaner and have had no issues