The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blacked out my grille.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Blacked out my grille.

Masked off the outside border of my body colored GTZ grill and sprayed plasti-dip on it and then used the glossifier stuff over that. Turned out great. I've never used the stuff, so I hope it holds up on the front of a car and doesn't get nicked up by rocks, etc. I took off the tape while it was still pretty wet, maybe a half hour after I sprayed it. Had to be careful to pull the tape at the right angle so as to not pull up the plasti-dip with it. Looks way better with the center blacked out. I've always thought the center of the grill as chrome or body colored looked too old and "Buicky". Goes well with my black roof too! Now I could probably use a set of '02 headlights for a little more black...eventually. Don't have a lot of extra money.

2001 Galant GTZ

Looks good man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Very nice! clean look!
    De que estamos hablando?

Clean and simple... good job. You can also do the cross bar / slats on the bumper.

Gonna definitely need black housing headlights.

But if you're on a budget, open them yourself spray the chrome shrouds and reassemble. It really is not as tough as it sounds. I can give you a few pointers.

Materials needed are a couple flat head screwdrivers,a few small pinch clamps, an oven and the spray paint or dip. Silicone sealant if you really wanna waterproof again. I've done it before using the oven method with no issues, you can even reuse the factory glue.

top job...

Looks great!! I've found plastidip to work great for about a year, but I hope it lasts longer for you, just be careful of trucks throwing rocks and gravel roads.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)