The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 02 sensor Plug In

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

02 sensor Plug In

I have a 2000 galant 2.4 FED SPEC, only one o2 sensor and it's downstream, no problems disconnecting the sensor or locating the sensor near my gas pedal

my question is, if you have a plug in direct fit sensor how do you run the wires into the car? should I disconnect from inside car or underneath car? i'm just confused on how to get the new sensor into the car

any answers are welcome haynes manual was no help with this one

You need to put the 02 sensor on first then run the wire through the available hile under the car, make sure the grommet clicks into place so you dont have water or debris enter the car and then plug it in. It is very simple, pull the carpet back a little.

Thanks man,my thing is the hole in the car is small,how would I get the new sensor wires through there?

Theres plenty if room. Are you using a plugin sensor or universal?

Plug in and again thanks man Haynes manual left me dry on this one I'll see if I can get it tomorrow

Ok I realized what was going in I actually have two o2 sensors, the one in the very back was the one I was referring to but I just bought a universal one for that one.

Stay away from universal sensors.

No problem my front one by the gas pedal is plug in direct fit, where's the back o2 sensor plug in to ?

yeah my issue is with the back sensor, code p0141 and p0136, how do i replace that sensor with a direct fit ? where does the connector lead to so i can disconnect and replace?