The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: (8G) My first car. My own way to do it.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

(8G) My first car. My own way to do it.

Hey. I've had my galant for a while now. Since I'm doing my driving test next week, I started thinking that I should do my car so it's unique. This is going to be a kind of personal blog where I can look back to what I've done.
    This is a picture when it was first bought.

My neighbour came over one day, saying that his sound system for his car was too big. He gave me his bass speaker, and an AMP.(No pics)

We didn't plug it in, because we didn't have the know-how's.
    The car got on hold, until mid 2015 this year.
    I decided that it was time to put in the bass speaker. It didn't go well, we plugged it in. It was obvious to me that something was wrong. It emitted normal front left speaker audio, and not bass.
    I looked up some more guides online, and it turns out that we had plugged it all wrong.
    I plugged it in as I've seen guides online. It didn't work. Nor did it work to plug back in the way it was to begin with. The amp had broken.
    I talked to some classmates the day after. One of them had a spare amp that I could try and use. I plugged it in, and it worked like a charm, actually pumping out bass. I paid around 60$ used for it. I don't have the amp name right here as the car isn't home.

I was very happy that it worked, so while doing the cable management in the car, I noticed how dirty it was. After a long tideous throughout cleaning of the interior, I decided that I need to make the car mine. I pulled off the fake wood plastic interior( I hated the interior "wood" ).

We used sandpaper to remove the top surface of the color, so that the base color and white color could get a good grip.

I handed it to my dad, and said that I wanted it black. I changed my mind the day after and wanted it white.

Yesterday we went shopping additional white color, I found this.

I bought it, but I don't plan to remove the power jack that it is supposed to replace. We're making another hole.(If it all goes to plan)

Here's a picture of the result of masking the vents.

Any idéas or thoughts? Please comment

Good job getting rid of the fake wood. Is this a 2.5 GLS Estate?

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    To be fully honest.. I don't have a clue. :) I'll try to find out in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    There is no 2,5 GLS in Sweden,
    We got the 4G63,= 2,0 GLS kinda standard, and then 2,4 GDI engine that Mitsubishi made with Volvo.

And then we got the 6A12 = 2,5 liters V6. 24 valves and single cam.