The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trans problem

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Trans problem

Okay, replaced trans and torque converter car would drive and start shuddering(jumping) got a cel for solenoids so replaced those. Also went ahead and replaced motor mounts. Put new fluid in, it started perfectly smooth went to go in drive nothing. Revs up to about 3-3500 and boom engages and moves, then the rpm drop but car won't go until rpm match back up. Same thing in reverse. No cel now.

What do you guys think??
    Diego

Experienced TGC Member
    Possible torque converter.

Going to attempt one more fix and I will post tonight the outcome
    Diego

I've got the trans to drive and work reverse fine but I am still getting a p0750 and p0755 code upon second gear tries to engage. I have the new solenoids in and harness looks in good condition. I've checked e harness to the trans and also the plugs. I have no clue what else it could be. The solenoids I pulled out have 4ohm of continuity. So they were fine from the getgo.
    Diego

Is the year of the transmission correct for your car? Is the trans fluid still clean at this point?

Yes and yes.
    Diego

did you ever find out what the issue was? im having a similar problem with my car.

I put the 02 trans. 02 ecu and then foind two wires to be different in the harness. Fuel and something else had to be swapped over.
    Diego

I know your car is a v6 but are 02-03 4 cyl trannys the same?