The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $350 4g64 5 speed swap project started

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 264
    Relocated the downstream O2 sensor

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

would a rear mitsubishi lancer strut fit a galant, i found some kyb and they are pretty cheap, would they fit my 8g

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rijery34 View Post
    would a rear mitsubishi lancer strut fit a galant, i found some kyb and they are pretty cheap, would they fit my 8g

Wrong place for this question.

And no. Only 3rd generation eclipse suspension parts will work.

Sorry, and thanks!

Nice work bro!
    Im wondering What if any modifications did you do to the engine harness to install it. I'm swapped but need the check engine light gone it is annoying. Sounds like you used both engine and body harness, but was it necessary? Thanks
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

can you list all of the parts required for the tranny swap? I have a 2003 and I wanna put a five speed in it soon. Any tips and tricks too?

Quote Originally Posted by clegg4g64 View Post
    can you list all of the parts required for the tranny swap? I have a 2003 and I wanna put a five speed in it soon. Any tips and tricks too?
    There is a full tutorial on how to do it here.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

yeah i read all of it. it never tells me what kind of clutch assembly he uses or what flywheel they used. i assume it is all 3g parts but ive read a bunch that you have to interchange 2g and 3g parts to do it correctly.

No u don't have to interchange anything to do it correctly. Use all 3g parts. That's it.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    No u don't have to interchange anything to do it correctly. Use all 3g parts. That's it.
    Thanks man. That helps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    Nice work bro!
    Im wondering What if any modifications did you do to the engine harness to install it. I'm swapped but need the check engine light gone it is annoying. Sounds like you used both engine and body harness, but was it necessary? Thanks
    I only used the 3g engine harness. Instead of swapping the body harnesses, I just added to my existing ones. Like wiring in the clutch pedal sensors. I had to extend the engine harness wiring for the downstream O2 sensor. What code comes up for your check engine light?

I haven't updated this in what feels like forever. I have driven it just over 6k miles now without issue. 5 days ago I finally put the interior back in. It's getting hot in Vegas and I need AC lol. The only issue I have is the tachometer still doesn't work. To be honest though, I haven't really looked into the issue too much. The 3g and 8g ecus use the same wire and pins for the tach signal, so I'm thinking possibly my cluster has failed internally. My dash cracked badly while handling it, so I'm going to get a dash cover, and I need to fabricate a shifter boot. The 3g boot is smaller than the 8g auto shifter hole.

Experienced TGC Member
    There is a wire that needs to be connected at the ecu i believe for yor tach and speedo to work

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    There is a wire that needs to be connected at the ecu i believe for yor tach and speedo to work
    I'll look into it again. The speedo works, just not the tach.

I've still been slowly buttoning things up. Haven't had much time for it since we just had our first baby. I installed ac and had to Re wire it so the system would work. The 4 cylinder eclipse ecu didn't like the signals it was receiving (or wasn't getting signals it needed) and would only allow the compressor to run for about 5 seconds at a time. I've since wired the system to essentially a manually controlled system, but it works amazingly. Installed a shifter boot from a Mustang. I need to install some speakers and wire the radio back in and I should be done.

where did this thread come from? Good job man!

That v6 subframe is intriguing me. Jared, you sure the transfer case even without the tailshaft housing will hit the rack?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Went-to-wire-up-the-speedo page 8

Post #158 he talks about the tach but I'm not sure if he meant speedo. I haven't tried it yet I just ran across it looking to fix my tach. I'm having the same issue.
    Last edited by dGALANTc; 08-30-2016 at 07:11 PM Reason: Typo
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Good job! Turboing at this point will be super easy.

Just a few update pictures. I'll be creating a thread on doing the rear knuckle bushings. 6 bushings left to do in the rear and everything will be polyurethane

I went to the junkyard and pulled a 3g tranny with clutch lines, clutch and break pedals, master / slave cylinder, hard and soft lines, 3 harness pigtails, shifter assembly, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch and clutch fluid reservoir and sonata dohc for 146 and basically other then the dohc (lol) am I missing anything in my parts list for the swap I've done my research and see some posts about maybe using a 3g or evo ecu but I'm not sure if I need it I have a 03 2.4 es also what wiring needs to be done and how hard is it I must admit this is my first time doing anything like this but I was able to take these parts off so I'm pretty sure I can put them back on

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast