The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/c problem

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

A/c problem

I have a 99 2.4. I am having an issue that occurred during a drive a few months ago. blower motor and ac stopped working completely. found fuse popped. replaced fuse and everything began working fine. After a few weeks the fuse popped again. Put a new one in and tried to see what the hell happened. I found that I could turn air on with no a/c and it wouldn't pop. Once ac on or clicked the a/c button it'd pop. Now i also noticed that hitting the recirculate button can cause it to pop. I can power probe the compressor and clutch engages and cold air comes out. But, the control wouldn't allow it. I got a replacement control selector and it didn't help. I am thinking maybe next could be the resistor by the blower motor? i swapped relays around and it did not fix it either.
    Diego

when I had the blower motor working, i had a given moment when i could try and turn A/c on by clicking the ac button and it wont light up at all.

also, checked pressures. high side was within range and low side was maxxed out (compressor wont kick on so cant really tell) it was charged a while back when replaced the high pressure switch. also, jumped the high pressure switch to see if it would let it work and it didnt. when i had a bad pressure switch i could still click the a/c button on and itd light up but not cool bc i was losing freeon. system is not leaking out.
    Diego