The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are Lancer Evo seats compatible with galant

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Are Lancer Evo seats compatible with galant

Hey everyone the local junkyard has s 2011 Evo with some nice seats in it I wanted to know if I can easily swap the seats or will I have to completely remove everything to get the new seats in? I'm hoping they would just go on easily the seats are not automatic or anything so no wiring should be needed

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I only want to get the front two seats

You will need to make your own brackets in order for them to fit.

What I did was made an adapter plate to bolt the Recaro to the Galant seat rails.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    You will need to make your own brackets in order for them to fit.

What I did was made an adapter plate to bolt the Recaro to the Galant seat rails.
    Do you have a thread about the adapter you made or any pictures my step dad's a machinist so he could help me make a bracket or adapter I just need to know what to do to make it work and then I'll talk to him I know I can pull 2 front seats out of a 2011 Evo for like 120-130$

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's like 120 per seat

That's dirt cheap! I would jump all over that if I were you.

Unfortunately I don't know of a thread and I didn't take any pictures. It isn't much though. Just flat steel with holes drilled in it for bolt mounting.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    That's dirt cheap! I would jump all over that if I were you.

Unfortunately I don't know of a thread and I didn't take any pictures. It isn't much though. Just flat steel with holes drilled in it for bolt mounting.

If I score the seats I'll post pictures here in this thread to keep you and the rest the forum updated

they have threads on it from club3g. just do a search on there for evo recaros install. I originally did what everyone else did with using flat steel and making holes to make it fit but I didn't like how they sat because the rear of the seat sat low. I just ended up going through wedge engineering and ordered a set through them. took a few days to get them and 15 minute install on each seat. if you go the wedge engineering route, take the rails from the recaros also because the brackets are setup to use the Evo rails.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    they have threads on it from club3g. just do a search on there for evo recaros install. I originally did what everyone else did with using flat steel and making holes to make it fit but I didn't like how they sat because the rear of the seat sat low. I just ended up going through wedge engineering and ordered a set through them. took a few days to get them and 15 minute install on each seat. if you go the wedge engineering route, take the rails from the recaros also because the brackets are setup to use the Evo rails.
    Thanks man appreciate that I'll look into that but might give the bracket a try first to see what I think

Definitely not a straight bolt up. What I did for my recaros was fabricate my own bracket

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk