The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Found. A oil leak

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Found. A oil leak

Hey guys so I found a leak but I'm not sure how to fix it so this leak is coming from behind my oil drain pan there seems to be this silver piece attached to it or coming out of it and it is leaking around there not a ton but just enough to be noticed by the spots it leaves on the ground I recently changed my oil and then it started I don't know what oil was in the car when I bought it but I decided to put valvoline high milage synthetic blend with a Bosch filter the drain plug and filter are totally dry no leaks there, so here's some pics hopefully someone has a idea of what it is

First pic you can see the dry oil pan plug, the side of the oil pan and towards the bottom is the silver part that is where I see the oil coming from

Second one the silver object in the middle of the image is where I'm seeing the oil

maye a leaking valve cover gasket
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

Quote Originally Posted by 8GLover View Post
    maye a leaking valve cover gasket
    Checked the rear valve cover as much as I can it appears to be dry so don't think it's there

put a bag on your distributor and intake cone if you have one. Then spray down your whole engine with brake cleaner and rinse it off with hose. Then drive your car a bit and check where oil is leaking
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

That is where the oil pump mates to the block. Probably replacing the 2 oilpump to block seals will solve it.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

How hard/ easy is accessin the block seals can it be done on Jack stand or no?

It can be done on jack stands no problem. It takes a good chunk of time and you might as well do a complete timing belt job because you have to remove all that plus the oil pan and pump.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    It can be done on jack stands no problem. It takes a good chunk of time and you might as well do a complete timing belt job because you have to remove all that plus the oil pan and pump.
    Sounds intensive might need some help lol