The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cruise Control Problems

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Cruise Control Problems

My 2003 Galant (4cyl) with 130,000 miles cruise control light stays on all the time and I cannot get the light to go off or the CC to engage. Every once in a while, the CRUISE light will randomly go off on the display without me touching the switch and will randomly come back on.
    Here's what I've done to try and fix the problem:
    1. Checked the fuse (fuse is fine)
    2. Checked the vacuum hose from the throttle body to the black box but to be honest I didn't really know what to look for. The hose appeared to not have any leaks or cracks and sealed well.
    3. Examined the black box that the vacuum hose connected to but there again I didn't know what to look for.
    4. I do not have LED tail/brake-lights except for the one on the spoiler and I think those are stock.
    I'm at a loss and do not know where or what else to look for.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Derekh920; 06-06-2016 at 10:59 PM Reason: Forgotten information

Try pulling the cc fuse and reinstalling it. That might reset everything

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Unhooking the battery sometimes resets things you wouldn't believe

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

When I have electrical problems, The first thing I do is make sure I have a good ground from the battery it never hurts to clean things up.

Check or redo both of the battery terminal connectors. They are both notoriously bad. I had to add a groove and copper wire to the post with a matching groove in the new terminal so it would not vibrate off the post.