The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mystery ATF Leak Only When Shut Off

Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Mystery ATF Leak Only When Shut Off

So i just got done replacing my 2nd blown up tranny in my 01 v6 galant, I had installed it and my passenger front wheel kept activating traction control when coasting at low speeds (parking lots etc).
    I thought it might be a wheel bearing because the sesnor was touching the tone ring and leaving a mark.
    Ended up replacing the wheel bearing cv and sensor because of course they were all seized.
    That fixed the traction control problem and is now driving excellent but i noticed a small red spot on my garage floor.

Its leaking atf but i cant figure out the source, it only drips for about a hour after being parked after driving it but it only starts dripping when its shut off and parked.

The entire top of the transmission including cooler lines all gasket etc are dry, it pools up on the 2 small bolts that are on the engine block right infront of the small half circle hole that you can see the tourqe converter and flex plate through.

I dont think it was leaking when I had the traction issue after replacing the old transmission so first i checked the input/output shaft seals since i replaced the passenger cv and they are mostly dry aswell (motor oil got thrown on it if anything).
    The entire transmission looks dry except for the very bottom where it drips.

Im at a loss as to the source, any help would be very appreciated.
    Last edited by ThatNeglectedGalant; 10-26-2016 at 01:14 PM