The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guage of the fenders....

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Guage of the fenders....

What gauge thickness are our fenders? Does anyone know. I was planning on putting some side markers and I don't fel confortable putting a drill to the fenders. I was thinking of getting a steel or tin nibbler..... But I wanna make sure the tool I get will work for the thicknees of the fender. Unless anyone has a sure way of make holes for sidemarkers.

i have a manual nibbler. i bought it at i think compusa. its used for cutting holes in computer cases. but yea. i've seen many places use both the drill and the nibbler. they first drill a small hole to get the nibbler in and then nibble away at the fender. it shouldn't be a problem. hte only downside to a nibbler is that it only nibbles and if you have a manual nibbler, your hand is gonna be tired.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Carlos, it is easier than you think. I did mine with a drill. Just put a piece of masking tape on the fender to stop the drill from walking, then make a pilot hole at high speed. After that use the pilot hole for the larger bit and you'll be fine. I did it on both fenders without a single scratch. I wouldn't use a nibbler, a drill will give you a much cleaner hole...oh and our fenders are a lot thinner than a computer case.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.