The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hole in Firewall for Clutch?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Experienced TGC Member

Hole in Firewall for Clutch?

Today as I was messing around with my G ride, I noticed that their was a precut hole in the cover for the firewall. It is right above the dead pedal, I was wondering if that was put their before mitsu decided to stop production for their 5 spd galants? I have a 1999, and I believe their were only a few hundred manuals ever produced. And since Im the first year of the 8G, it would seem highly probable.

Thanks

TWISTED II
    either that or they knew crazy people like me and the kemist were gonna be doin 5 speed swaps

I've got the dead clutch cutout in my 2000 as well. Perfect place to run wiring to the engine compartment...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member

Re: Hole in Firewall for Clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    I believe their were only a few hundred manuals ever produced.
    My 2001 has it too. Since you yourself mentioned Mitsubishi decided not to make any 5 speed Galants, how could there be only a few hundred ever produced?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

nystreetracing
    Mitsubishi made appox. 200 manuals in '99. I believe they stopped production after that. Im sure someone here can confirm that. =)

Experienced TGC Member

Re: Hole in Firewall for Clutch?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auto-9)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>I believe their were only a few hundred manuals ever produced.</div>

My 2001 has it too. Since you yourself mentioned Mitsubishi decided not to make any 5 speed Galants, how could there be only a few hundred ever produced? </div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>before</span> mitsu decided to stop
    </div>
    Hehe smartass.

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah but the way you wrote it made it sound like you messed yourself up There were no production manual Galants other than engineering samples nyc.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auto-9)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah but the way you wrote it made it sound like you messed yourself up There were no production manual Galants other than engineering samples nyc.</div>

Damn those first few buyers of our cars! Damn them for choosing automatic over manual enough to warrant the dealership to stop production.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nystreetracing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mitsubishi made appox. 200 manuals in '99. Â*I believe they stopped production after that. Â*Im sure someone here can confirm that. =)</div>.

well i went to the dealership and asked and they denied this ever happened (i asked the parts department to look up 99 galant tranny, since service or salesman that work for my mitsubishi dealer dont kno shyt :evil: )....but who kno's....i wonder who can find out for sure...i really wanna kno...it would make a manual swap alot easier...especially since therr has to be a custom mount (as per headache)

Experienced TGC Member
    Someone should ask manybrews. Im running this across google but cant find anything so far.

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok everything I found so far says the a 5 speed is optional for the i4s, but only a auto is availible for the v6.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok everything I found so far says the a 5 speed is optional for the i4s, but only a auto is availible for the v6.</div>

wherr'd u find this...not doubting u ...juss wanna see it myself

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok everything I found so far says the a 5 speed is optional for the i4s, but only a auto is availible for the v6.</div>

all those sites you have found are wrong.

I personally spoke to a Representative at the Normal, Illinios Mitsubishi factory and he said only one was ever produced and that was strictly as a tester. The project was scrapped from what he told me because of severe vibration from the transmission. Not saying it can't or wasn't ever availible for public sale. Maybe the 5-spds came from Japan who knows? But i can tell you guys they never came from the Mitsubishi plant in Normal.

I wonder a lot because several members have mentioned seeing them, but it seems like its the mysterious 'BigFoot' of the Mitsubishi world.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok everything I found so far says the a 5 speed is optional for the i4s, but only a auto is availible for the v6.</div>

wherr'd u find this...not doubting u ...juss wanna see it myself</div>

http://www.autoworld.com/news/Mitsubishi/Galant.htm
    http://www.usedcarsplus.com/1999_Mitsubish...shi_Galant.html

Of course these sites are wrong.