The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions About Injen Short Ram intake

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    TPoise

Questions About Injen Short Ram intake

I'm very interested in the Injen Short Ram intake. However I still have a few lingering questions that I hope you all can help me with.

First of all, Will this work on my car? I have a 2003 (8G) ES 4-banger. Most of the sites that have this product say its only for 99-02 models. Will this still work for me? I'm referring to the model Injen IS1840P.

Secondly, whats the performance increase like? Is it worth the price? How many additional HP/ft-lbs have you gained with this? Is it susceptible to heat soak; meaning in the hot summer will it just add additional hot air to the airflow and could hurt performance?

What about the sound? I like my G because its nice and quiet, but I wish it had a little more power. Will this intake add considerable engine noise at highway speeds?

How easy is it to install? I've seen that FAQ install post (the one with the broken pictures) and it looks straightforward and think I could do it in about an hour.

and lastly, where is the cheapest place to get this from? On the web, I can find it for about $199-204. Does anybody know any cheaper places to get it?

All help/comments/rants/flames will be appreciated.

Thanks all!

hikix
    i just put the injen short ram in this weekend... my car is still quiet but when u press the gas you can feel a lil more power and u can hear some noise. its not that loud but it sounds cool. its around 200 bux everywhere.. i got it for 198 at streetbeatcustoms.com but waited more than 2 weeks to get it. I guess its worth the price.. i heard that its better to go with the AEM intake tho, cus its about half the price and its basically the same thing

Yeah go AEM or Injen either one. Yes that model will fit your car also. As for performance, your only gonna get about 5hp and torque max. You will feel it in the "butt dyno". As for noise, it's only noticable when you smash on the gas a good bit. If you floor it, you WILL hear it scream all the way to redline. Inside the car, it will be fairly loud consid.ering its 3 ft. from you. Outside the car, I didnt think it was loud until I heard my brother coming down the street on day. Sounds great if you ask me. Pick one up...you wont regret it
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

Re: Questions About Injen Short Ram intake

Quote Originally Posted by TPoise
    First of all, Will this work on my car? I have a 2003 (8G) ES 4-banger. Most of the sites that have this product say its only for 99-02 models. Will this still work for me? I'm referring to the model Injen IS1840P.
    this intake will work for you. the only reason the intake says 99-02 is because probably when the page was made,the 2003's weren't made yet or been tested. but it will fit since the 2k3's have the same motors as the 02's and older 8g's

Secondly, whats the performance increase like? Is it worth the price? How many additional HP/ft-lbs have you gained with this? Is it susceptible to heat soak; meaning in the hot summer will it just add additional hot air to the airflow and could hurt performance?
    hp gains aren't that much. most of the gains you will feel would be from the placebo effect. the sound of the intake making it sound like you have more power. other than that. nothing really that noticeable.

What about the sound? I like my G because its nice and quiet, but I wish it had a little more power. Will this intake add considerable engine noise at highway speeds?
    i have the 1st gen injen intake. it has a much bigger piping which makes it much louder than the new injen intakes. but yea even the new ones will have some kinda sound to it. and yea a short ram is a lil louder than a cai, jsut cuz the filter is closer to you. but nonetheless, it will get "quieter" over time cuz u get used to the sound

How easy is it to install? I've seen that FAQ install post (the one with the broken pictures) and it looks straightforward and think I could do it in about an hour.
    installing the intake is pretty simple. to me the hardest part was getting the stock intake off. some of the bolts were on there pretty tight. but other than that, its pretty straightforward. just make sure to double check everything before you start up the car for the first time

and lastly, where is the cheapest place to get this from? On the web, I can find it for about $199-204. Does anybody know any cheaper places to get it?
    just shop around. some places will have sales, forums could have group buys. i believe club 3g is having one. might wanna check that out.

speaking of the eclipse's the 3g eclipse intake will fit the galant. if you go to www.adeventon.com and look up the 3g eclipse, you'll see the k&n typhoon for the i4 is like a lil over a 100 bucks and thats a pretty good deal. high quality intake. fits ur galant.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TPoise
    I found a K&N Typhoon from Crutchfield for $139.99. These will fit my I4 with no problems? Has anybody else tried this on a Galant rather than an Eclipse?

Being $60 cheaper is a good thing, plus true K&N brand[/url]

imo i wouldnt spend money on a short ram. i would just do the adapter+filter for around 50 bucks. :?