The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New 4G64 Intake Manifold

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    maximus

New 4G64 Intake Manifold

I am in the process of fabricating an intake manifold for the 4g64 motor.It will take a little bit of time but when I am finished I will let you guys know how I made out.I have searched this site and club 3g and nobody makes one for our cars,so I have decide to try and fabricate one that will.I am not sure of the the horsepower gains but I am expecting about 15-20 more horsepower.I know it all depends on what you have set up on your car.Just thought I would let you guys know what I was thinking about doing.Any comments or concerns please let me know thanks maximus

BlankMan
    This is a project and product I'd certainly be interested in. I'd thought about have a local shop take a crack at fabing one base on a spare intake manifold I have - just haven't gotten around to it.

Are you doing this yourself - or having a shop do it? Do you have experience with manifolds already?

J

toc8g
    That would be awesome,...I don't like our oem intake manifold, there is a weak link to it that is right after where the throttle body bolts on to. Mine ripped right their,..I was pissed.

maximus
    I am going to fabricate this myself.I do not have a spare intake manifold so I am going to do this on my own car.It should take about a full day to fabricate it and put it on my car.I am a welder so it shouldnt be to much of a problem to get it made.I will be using stainless for materials.

BlankMan
    As I said, very interested in this project. Could you document your fabrication process with pics and notes? I'd like to follow along...

I think the hardest part would be integrating the factory sensor mount locations.

J

TPoise
    I'm interested too. Obviously I don't have the skill to do it on my own, so you should take a few blanks and polish it up and hook it up for us

Let us know how it goes, and if you're willing to do others...

sethmo
    Are you an engineer? It takes more thought and skill than just welding some sheetmetal and pipes together. You must have a design that is well thought out. NA Cars do not need new intake manifolds. You shouldnt upgrade your intake manifold untill you are around 300-500whp. There just is no need.

maximus
    I will keep you all up dated on my fabrication process.I will take some pics and let you know what needs to be done.If I can get an extra 15 horsepower to the wheels by doing this then I think it is well worth it even if it didn't need to be done.Doing modifcations to your car is about getting more horsepower to the wheels not that it needs to be done,it is done because we want more power. Thanks maximus

sethmo
    I understand why people mod their cars. But I fail to see how adding a better flowing Intake manifold would yield 15whp. You need to do more mods than ad a better flowing Intake mani. Think about it. Your valves are only so big and can only take in so much air. Without bigger valves you are still going to be taking in the same amount of air. So upgrade your valves, maybe port the intake and exhaust side of the head. Make sure that the throttle body is at least 60mm. Maybe a more agressive cam gear. And a SAFC to richen/lean things out. Then you may see 15-20whp+...

maximus
    I understand you need more mods than just changing the intake manifold to gain 15-20 horsepower.There is a reason why people change there intakes and throttle bodies to gain more horsepower.Do you really think that once you change your intake that your motor is at full air flow?I know it is not,just like changing your exhaust and headers the reason for doing this is to get rid of the restriction on the exhaust side of the motor.If you change your intake manifold,throttle body and intake this will reduce the restriction on the intake side of the engine.Once this is done then changing the intake and exhaust valves would make even more horsepower for you.

Seth, your avatar scare the shit out of me :shock: That is just freaky.

Xska55
    the 8g intake mani. is a pretty well designed already but there is room for improvement, if your gonna go all out i would start off small and take your time, get a spare mani. and throw that "done in a day" shit out the window, what many have noticed on the flange is the diameter of the pipe gets drastically small where it meets the cylinder head, probaly to match the size of the ports on the head if you could some how smooth the pipe out it might be beneficial, but then again on a n/a engine it will probaly do nothing but a f/i engine would probaly see the best results
    if you want i have a spare one i can sell you