The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: steering wheel

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

steering wheel

alright i ran a search and iddnt come through anyone posting about tryin to put an Evo steering wheel on the car... even though i remember back in the day someone posted or im just crazy.. neways what mods will need to be done if ne to get the steering wheel to go on? or is there any steering wheel like that w/ airbag that i can use? thanks!!!
    Diego

i remember those posts back before. they're archived in my brain lol. but yea from what i remember, no1 has done the swap. but bolting it on would be the "easy" part. even if you had to get an adaptor made.

research on the airbag system on both the evo and the galant. see the type of signal the airbags need to deploy. if its different between the evo and the galant, when u put that evo wheel in, it might just deploy as soon as u plug in the battery or it might not even deploy in an accident.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah, here is the thread you are thinking of.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...hlight=steering

Read my post from that thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I contacted Gary Evans from www.donherring.com and he said the EVO 8 steering wheel won't fit on the 8G Galants. He said the EVO 8 steering wheel is fitted onto the steering shaft completely differently than the one on our car. Also, the air bag and horn connections are different.

List price for the EVO 8 steering wheel is $1525.63. Discounted price is $1296.78. That's alot of friggin' money, but it does come with the air bag, so that's the bulk of the price right there. It doesn't matter anyway, since it won't fit.</div>

So, not only will it not fit, but it's so damn expensive because of the air bag.

bye to taht idea 8)
    Diego

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>bye to taht idea Â*8)</div>

Yeah, even if it fit, the price is just crazy. If it fit and the price was around $600 or so, I would have bought one way back then. I've seen one go for a little less than $1,000 on ebay, but they rarely show up on there. Oh well.

I 've been talking/ working on getting a different steering wheel. But, instead of the EVO ones, Im trying to get the ones from what else, Galant too. Only from a World spec Galant overseas. Like Danj mentioned on the EVO's price, the price will be the same
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org