The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird noise when the car is cold in the morning

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Weird noise when the car is cold in the morning

guys whats up, i have this weird noise that only sounds in the morning when i turn the car on or when i have the car sitting down a while and i turn it on, it sounds like it comes from the inside, like its in the head or something like that its a weird sound i have never heard it on my car or anyone's car?
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Livn2sk8
    what does this "Sound" sound like???

brandon
    I think there's a squirrel living in your intake manifold...

it sounds to me the car is jsut warming up. the intake is usually louder when the car is still cold...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

it usually sounds when its cold and when i drive it gets worst, i thought it was the intake since it always sounds when the engine is cold but this noise comes from inside the engine block and it has gotten worse

also i forgot to say this, this noise only sounds when the car is put on drive, if i have the car on parking or on neutral the sound goes away

Experienced TGC Member
    Does it go away as the car warms up? Cars dont idle too well on a cold start rpms tend to be a lil low and that causes so much more vibration. Putting it in P or N raises the idle up and that cancels out the vibration, in Drive the RPMS drop and while its still cold the rpms are lower then they should be and it rattles.

After the car warms up and you been drivin a bit it should go away. If not, what are you idling at after the car has been driven for 20 minutes should be around 800-850 rpm.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

If you don't want to hear that noise anymore, turn up your radio. 8)

when i start the car it idles at around 900rpms after 7-10 minutes the car is warm and then the rpms go up to 1000 the noice also fades away, i can park the car for 4 hours and then started and the noice will not be there, the only time this noice starts is in the morning when i have the dry starts