The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd Swap for 01 ES v6

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

5spd Swap for 01 ES v6

I want to do a tranny swap for my galant es v6 but honestly, I don't even know where to begin. I need to know what kind of tranny I need to get and where the hell I can get it from as well as if it is possible for someone with minimal knowledge of transmissions and clutch shit to even do on his own. I don't have the cash to pay someone else to do it for me. Please lemme know.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Do a search. Use the 3g v6 5spd tranny. I had no prior experience with transmissions before I did mine.
    7g for life!

hit up a salvage yard...look for a 2000+ eclipse GT or GTS 5spd tranny...get all of it....pedal, shifter, cables, master and slave cylinders, clutch, flywheel, and i'm sure theres alot more i'm missing...thats a start...but do a search...so far that i know of...stewi, 8ggalant, headache, all have 5spds in there G's...but they're 8g 4cyl....sorry if i forgot anyone else
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Do a search. Use the 3g v6 5spd tranny. I had no prior experience with transmissions before I did mine.
    Wait did you swap out the tranny for the i4? Several people have done I4 tranny swaps, but no one to my knowledge has yet done a V6 tranny swap.

hopefully ill be the first :twisted:
    Diego

back off lol i wanna be first hehe...just playin man
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Can it be done?

You said no one that you know of has done it? Well, is the v6 still compatible w/ the 3g eclipse tranny? Can it even be done w/ a v6?