The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ignition Wires...

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Livn2sk8

Ignition Wires...

I've done searches, and have found nothing....

I want Magnecore 8.5mm, I can't seem to find them anywhere when I search.....anyone know where I can get a set, and also, what spark plugs do you recommend? and where can I get them? I need to change mine bad....Bosch parts are horrible....

Also, is there a difference much between the 8mm and the 8.5mm? and can I get the 8.5mm in Blue?

Thanks Guys!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    http://www.optauto.com/

8.5mm doesnt come in blue. I have the 8.5mm mags on my 4g63t. And I hear NGK plugs are very good so I have some copper and platenium plugs bth one step colder then stock.
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    thought one step colder was only for turbo...i'm n/a...so shouldn't I be getting a different type of plug?

also, I found the wire set on slowboyracing....

would I buy the ones for the 1G/2G? i'm assuming the 2G's would be the same lengths, right?

Thanks Seth!

Im not sure which ones you should buy, but they should be the same length. BTW where is your coil pack mounted? I couldnt find a very good place to mount mine, its on the side of the intake mani.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    I think the 1g and 2g wires are different because the coil packs are mounted in different spots.

Seth arent you using a 4g63t? Your coil packs should be in their stock location, why did you have to ziptie em anywhere?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

haha On my CYclone intake mani they were bolted to the back, but theres no place to bolt them on the back of my 1g intake mani so I bolted them to the side. I think thats stock location anyway? I forget...
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    stock is mounted (facing the engine from the front bumper) on the right side of the intake manifold.....inbetween the valve cover and the manifold...right there....

Livn2sk8
    I'll post a pic when I get back from the gym....

brandon
    FYI, the NGK wires come in blue.

But they are 8mm
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha On my CYclone intake mani they were bolted to the back, but theres no place to bolt them on the back of my 1g intake mani so I bolted them to the side. Â*I think thats stock location anyway? Â*I forget...</div>

I didnt know you had a cyclone, Mine are ziptied to the side too above the butterfly valve. The stock location on the 1g's is facing out to the driver fender, while the 2g are sitting behind the fuel rail facing the front of the car. So the 1g wires are longer then the 2gs.. Somethin like that..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon