The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drop with 18x8

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Drop with 18x8

I was thinking of AT Italia wheels instead of 5Zigen's, but the only size I can find them in is 18x8 with a +40 offset. I was also going to go with Eibach springs, but I'm not sure if anything will rub. Will this work w/o rubbing? Even w/o the drop, going back to stock springs, would they still rub? Is anyone dropped with 18x8 and a +40mm offset on their 8G v6?
    Mike

You should be fine with that offset. I'm running 18x8.5 and i dont get any rubbing issues as far as rim size. As long as you stay as close to the stock offset as possible, you should be alright.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

I don't know. With that width and offset, you are cutting it close. Stock offset is +46mm. My rims are 7.5" wide with a +42mm offset and with a 1.8" drop in the rear, I would rub once in a while. That was with my camber corrected to 0 degrees. With my camber set to -1 degrees, I don't have any rubbing. Now, your rims are wider than mine and your offset makes your rims sit out further, so it's possible that you could rub. But, with a smaller drop like Eibach gives you, and if you leave your camber uncorrected (assuming it even changes), you may not have any problems.

Thanks for the replies. If I do get these wheels, and they happen to rub, were can I get my fenders rolled? Would a regular ol' body shop know how to do that.
    Mike

Yes you can get them rolled at pretty much any performance place, just call around and ask. It cost me about 20 to do each wheel whell(?) but I only had the back two done so its not that bad.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs