The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G manny tranny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Flywheels suck to take off. You have to make this tool so the flywheel/crank will not turn with the wrench.

Ok this is much easier with an impact wrench of some such tool, but if you can wedge a wrench in between the flywheel teeth and some solid part of the car you can keep it from moving long enough to put a breaker bar on it. Just make sure you are using 6 point sockets, or else you will end up stripping a bolt just like I did :~(. I had to buy a hand held grinder just to get that damn bolt off. Once you have taken everything apart, putting things back together is relatively simple. The following is a suggestion from Tom Stangl on how to get the flywheel bolts off:

This is made much easier if you get some strap steel and drill two holes in it. Bolt one end to one of the pressure plate mounting pads, and one to the block. You may have to bend the strap to get it to fit right. Shown is the tool I made out of 3/16" strap steel, which is overkill for a single clutch install, but I use it for many installs.
    Remove the flywheel (90 6bolt flywheel shown).

6bolt flywheels wont bolt onto 7bolt cars and vice versa. 7gs are 7bolt. You can use a flywheel from a 2g turbo car if you want to buy aftermarket.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Thanks Seth, that clears up a few things.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Hey midniteracing, how much to redo the internals if i supply the tranny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12