The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: one hell of a problem

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    8G_GTZ

one hell of a problem

so......for the past month or so, i would have to turn my key a few times before the starter would make it's initial start. well, this morning and the past few days, it would take about 20(no joke) turns before it would do it. within all those tries i tried all kinds of combos like holding the brake in, putting it in neutral, etc. so i took it to carx and they replaced the starter and checked my redtop battery to make sure it wasn't that. well, it still just turns with no starting.

give me some solutions.......ignition, short, i dunno....

steve

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I dont know if our cars are like this or not. BUt on my gf cavilier, I was changing the starter and got the new one in and go to start it. The car just turns over and does not start. To make it start, I had to lock the doors from the inside, then have someone unlock them from the outside with the key, then it started right up.

Probably not your case, but check every plug and wire and make sure they did not unplug something on accident
    7g for life!

8G_GTZ
    well, i don't want it to be something stupid, cuz right now it's $300 with labor. $220 for the starter and $70/hr for labor. working on it for a few more hrs doesn't help me at all :evil: . i'm actually fuckin pissed. cuz it's something i could've done and now it's getting done for so much money. why do i always do what mom tells me to? for every problem i've told her about, "Take it to carx". no, i can do it......well this time i didn't want to so it went. now it sits there overnight...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

steve

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g
    well, i don't want it to be something stupid, cuz right now it's $300 with labor. $220 for the starter and $70/hr for labor. working on it for a few more hrs doesn't help me at all :evil: . i'm actually fuckin pissed. cuz it's something i could've done and now it's getting done for so much money. why do i always do what mom tells me to? for every problem i've told her about, "Take it to carx". no, i can do it......well this time i didn't want to so it went. now it sits there overnight...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

steve
    Damn thats alot for the starter, I can get it brand new for half the price and Im sure with a little instruction that you can change it yourself. 20 minutes tops.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

$300.00 to replace a starter??? I paid less than a hundred for the starter and had it replaced in fifteen minutes. Sorry to hear that, bro.

8G_GTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetDreams
    $300.00 to replace a starter??? I paid less than a hundred for the starter and had it replaced in fifteen minutes. Sorry to hear that, bro.
    yeah, like i said, mom wanted me to go. otherwise i would have had her buy it(i buy everything else and i don't get paid till friday)and me put it in. i'm soooo pissed.

steve

I could give you a starter for $50 works fine and i'll include directions how to take the old one out and put the new one in if you want. Thats riddiclous $300 to change a starter
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

8G_GTZ
    too far away man. thanks so much for the offer though. i know about the $300 already, stf....... :twisted:

steve

Experienced TGC Member
    bla my car when you turn the key first 2 times the starter dont turn, the third time it cranks over and starts up. I pulled the alarm out, I bypassed the cutoff switch and same shit..changed starters... makes as much sense as seth's locking doors to start the car lol
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon