The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: All parking light related things went out...

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

All parking light related things went out...

I don't know if that makes sense, but last night, while driving, my entire instrument panel, including AC controls, etc., went dark. I got out of the car and saw that everything that is supposed to come on when the parking lights or headlights are on was of, i.e. my turn signals, tail lights, side markers, halos (foglights). The funny thing is that all the items still work, for example, when I brake, the light comes on and when I signal, the light will come on.

I found a fuse in the engine compartment box that was toasted; the 10 slot (tail light rear, I believe). I put another fuse in and it was immediately toasted as well. I am thinking that a wire may have scraped somewhere and is grounded, but can't find any.

I took it back to the shop that installed my system 2 weeks ago, and they found nothing.

The dealership wants $350+ to look at it, a local auto shop wants $120, and my boy tried, unsuccessfully to fix it for two Coronas. I really don't know what to do. Cops are always looking for a reason to pull someone over, and my having no tail lights on at night is exactly what they want.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

ok. to clear things up. the brake lights. you can picture that a totally different bulb. same with the turn signal. i know they share but see things this way. they have different filiments thats why im kinda saying they are like different bulbs.

what things are connected to the turn signals and like ur interior lights. like maybe some guage faces, sidemarkers, the halos for the fogs. stuff like that. i'd first check out their connection. make sure that they are good. also if you do have alot of extra stuff on that curcuit you might want to use a relay instead and get the power from the battery so you don't put so much of a load on the circuit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.