The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tranny acting funny

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Tranny acting funny

Today, when merging onto the highway I try to speed up to 65, but the car didnt want to go above 49-50, so i gave it a little bit more gas, nothing. Then I floored it, nothing all it did was rev. The shifter was in Drive with Overdrive off. Since I merged and there was no one directly behind me i slowed down to 40 then tried to go back to 65 and it did it.

Is this a sign that the tranny wants to die on me? G only has 51.5k on it the oddometer. I wanted to do the 5 spd swap but not yet.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

welcome to the galant trany zone.

Guess that you will get a new toy for christmas.

New tranny on the way.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I got 3 trannies just sitting here in the garage taking up all this space. :idea:

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    I got 3 trannies just sitting here in the garage taking up all this space. :idea:
    Whats the millage like?

i guess its dieing did it to me about 4 more times at different speeds.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

94MitsubishiGalant

I Need A Tranny Also I Think....

BronxBombr how much your selling da Tranny 4??...Im from da Bronx Also, by Castle Hill...Lemme kno whats up...1

SamirDarji
    I run into the same problem when taking hard right turns. I seem to just lose all my gears. Then it "catches" causing a pretty rough jolt if the rpms are up. I think I've noticed it starting to happen when I'm just in a straight line too. Is this also the tranny zone?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Could be your axle/cv joint. Does it sound like a machine gun type popping sound when you turn hard? Like doing a u-turn?
    7g for life!

SamirDarji
    Nope, no sound at all. Just no gears.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Look under your car and see if any of the CV boots on the axles are torn.
    7g for life!

SamirDarji
    Checked that when it first started happenning. Nothing. No leaks at all. You think the left half-shaft is having problems? Maybe pulling out when I take that turn and then catching again when it goes straight? I need to do some tests to see if there is any relation between the problem and how far my wheels are turned. That would shed some light too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>so i gave it a little bit more gas, nothing. Then I floored it, nothing all it did was rev. </div>
    sounds like what happened to me only that my tranny went out completely, its been 2 longs weeks and counting without it :cry:
    we rip what we sow

SamirDarji
    So should I take this as tranny is going out yet? I hope not. If so, I need to know who can build one bullet-proof besides Level 10.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have a rebuilt auto tranny with 15K miles on it and brand new torque converter
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

SamirDarji
    I've been doing some searching (tranny AND problem*) and reading, and I think I've realized that little something I didn't want to hear--the tranny is going. I still have to check to see if the steering is related, but I'm pretty sure it will end up being the tranny.

So now I'm thinking to just go ahead and do a complete 4g63t build-up coupled with a level 10 (or suitable) transmission. Might as well do it all while I'm there since the labor for taking out and engine or tranny without the other would just be a waste in the long run. I'm thinking about $8k for everything. The hard part will be the homework and find good reputable companies to work with.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    whatever you do, don't go level10. many horror stories and unsatisfied customers.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

SamirDarji
    I saw some of that too in my searching, but I also saw people very satisfied with the products. Confusing, isn't it? :? There's got to be some other companies out there that also do good work.

i haven't heard of this place b4. but then again i haven't been shopping for a tranny. but they do tranny work. http://www.teamrip.com you might want to research on them also. especially on the DSm boards

for Darkkend, when was the last time you had ur tranny service? how is the fluid looking like? the tranny fluid is a good thing to check. not only to see if its low but it might be able to tell you a lil bit more about whats going on inside of ur tranny.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.