The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I Hate These Seats! Got Something Better?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    SamirDarji

I Hate These Seats! Got Something Better?

From the first day I got the car, I've hated the seats. Feels like I'm driving from a lay-z-boy. And my first long trip in it and the accompanying backache tells me these got to go. What has anyone found that's bolt-on that's better? I was thinking eclipse seats from the 2nd gen. Any others?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Newer stock Celica seats. 2/4 brackets bolt up. 1 is only about 2 inches off, but will bolt up easily if you make a small bracket. The 4th is a bit harder, I havent tried it yet, no real need.

O yah, Im still using the celica brackets. Just had to swap over my seat belt buckle thingy ma bobber...
    7g for life!

SamirDarji
    Cool! Thank you! Any others? How much did it run you? How's the side support? I love my old 95 Altima SE seats--the sides would just hold you in perfectly. I'm not too much of a fan of the recaro-type seats because they mainly support the shoulder as opposed to the sides of the back, but I'll take anything over stock.

I did Lancer OZ seats. I have the scars to prove it.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did Lancer OZ seats. I have the scars to prove it.</div>

lol. Hey, love the jdm stuff you've done to your ride. I'm planning to do some of the same when I get the chance.

SamirDarji
    Ok, I'm bringing this one back because I've done some research and found that Sparco and Recaro make mounts for our cars and I want to know if anyone has them and what seat they went with.

GPTourer
    Check out the seats from a new Lancer Ralliart. They are Evo GTA (automatic JDM model) and are quite good. Probably hella expensive though.

SamirDarji
    The problem I've found is that there are no way to get any of those seats to "bolt in." I do a lot of performance driving and don't want to have something go wrong in the seat department because I rigged something.

Odd as it sounds, the seats in my 96 Explorer are prolly some of the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. That and my old Daytona.