The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where does the GTZ spoiler sit on the trunk lid?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Where does the GTZ spoiler sit on the trunk lid?

A co-worker of mine has an 01 GTZ. Her spoiler sits about 1/3 inch back from the edge of the trunk. I just put a spoiler on my car and put it where the template said to. It sits very close to the edge of the trunk lid. Much closer than her GTZ does? I like where I have mine and wonder if all of the factory ones sit back like my co-workers' does.

maximus
    Yes they are supposed to be that close to the edge.I mounted mine the same way.If you go to far away from the edge then you will end up drilling into a support bar on the underside of the trunk lid.I don't have the gtz but I mounted mine that way.Its up to you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes they are supposed to be that close to the edge.I mounted mine the same way.If you go to far away from the edge then you will end up drilling into a support bar on the underside of the trunk lid.I don't have the gtz but I mounted mine that way.Its up to you</div>

To me it looked like the GTZ was mounted further back from the edge. There was a gap about the size of a finger between the back of the spoiler and the end of the trunk. I'm wondering if they all are that way or if this one is off.

maximus
    The only way to truly know is have somebody with a gtz on here measure there's or goto the dealership with a tape measure and measure a couple of them there just to make sure.

GPTourer
    It might depend on the year. Some year's GTZ's came from the factory with spoilers, others it was a dealer installed option - so it might vary from car to car. In '01 I think it was factory.